Chapter Nine: The Truth

(Raiden's POV)

Watching from a distance The Cao Army is getting ready ti mobilized and transported by boat to Chibi or Red Cliffs that the Southlander's call.
Dubs: "the whole country locked in a civil war, what is the Emperor doing to stop this?"

Raiden: "i don't think he cares to stop this Dark Age shit, Warlords fighting for supremacy and land, yet they're still loyalty to the Emperor."
Dubs: "still need a revive just in case? ."
Raiden: "this place is getting out of hand by each hour, after we find Cotae and Nikolai we're getting out of here asap, hopefully my message got through."
???: "Guardian, sir?"

He turn and saw a soldier approach him.
???: "sir, Lord Cao Cao request your audience in the War tent."
Dubs: "what do you think he wants with us now?"
Raiden: "i don't know but if this goes south, get plan B on standby just in case."

They head to a large tent where Cao Cao and his generals sat in a U formation and had Raiden stand in the middle.
Cao Cao: "Raiden, how is your stay?"
Raiden: "the hospitality... questionable before meeting that-"
???: "how rude of you not kneel before our Lord?"

He turn to see a man by Cao Pi as he glared at him.
Raiden: "who the hell are you?"
???: "i am Cao Hong and you'll address me as master."
Raiden: "oh ok master... fuck face, first take a step back and literally- FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!!!"

With a yell everyone was dead silent even the guards outside took a peek with some other soldiers listening from outside the tent.
Cao Hong: "what did you say you say, I'll kill you where you stand!"
Raiden: "shut up you ain't gonna do shit, seat your ass back down."
Cao Hong: "oh I'll show you-"
Cao Cao: "enough, Cao Hong stop immediately."
Cao Hong: "my Lord-"
Cao Cao: "no... not now." Speechless Cao Hong sat back down in silence while the rest didn't speak a word.
Raiden: "is there more assholes i should aware of?"
Cao Cao: "my soldiers and officers are well disciplined."
Raiden: "yes or no?"
Cao Cao: "no."
Raiden: "*sigh*... where we're we?"
Cao Cao: "ahem, i was wondering if you wish to join me and if you agree i will guaranteed you a high rank and rewarded for your efforts."
Raiden: "what does it have to do with me?"
Cao Cao: "i want to end the chaos across this land with his majesty the Emperor under my protection."
Raiden: "ok let me say it this way, why should i care?"
Cao Cao: "The Han Dynasty is in decline and Chaos roam the land as the common people suffer, you sir are a god sent from Heaven, i wish to you to be my wings in order to have the Emperor regain control to his land."

Hearing his pleas made Raiden snort a bit then seconds later chuckles then laugh while the rest were confused but offended by thus behavior.
Cao Cao: "is there a problem?" The Guardian finish laughing by wiping his tears.
Raiden: "im sorry to break it to you but i wasn't sent by your "Heaven", i was sent by a Gay Warlock who pointed on a map and said "go there", and when i or my team was there instead of investigating the problem, me and my team got sucked into a portal that brought us here and now we're separated doing who knows what."
Xun You: "aren't you sent by god?"
Raiden: "God... no, i kill Gods."
Cao Hong: "and how are you able to obtain those powers, from your Ghost and if so how do i obtain that?"
Raiden: "Devotion inspires Bravery, Bravery inspires Sacrifice, Sacrifice leads to Death, so... feel free to kill yourself."
Cao Hong: "you bastard!"

Cao Hong pull out his sword ready to strike but Xiahou Dun grab him before he shed his weapon as Cao Cao sighs.
Cao Cao: "you are hard to persuade..."
Raiden: "is there anything else before i leave?"

One of the officers came in and pass pass by Raiden and kneel infront of Cao Cao.
Cao Ren: "my lord, Cai Mao is here by your request."
Cao Cao: "glad to see you safe Cao Ren, bring him in."
The man he mentioned comes in with bandages wrapped around his head to neck approach Cao Cao and kneeled.
Cao Cao: "i heard you failed to Capture Liu Bei what happen during your pursuit?"
Cai Mao: "my lord... please believe every word i say, a man in robes came to me to tell us to stop pursuing Liu Bei, when i ordered to capture him, he... he use powers that a mage uses, i never seen or hear anything like that before."
Cao Cao: "powers?"
Xiahou Yuan: "his men also said they encountered him earlier defending a road making lightning with his hands that he use against the Cavalry single handedly."
Raiden: "did he have a Wolf's sigil on his arm band?"
Cai Mao: "yes, yes- how do you know?"
Cao Cao: "you know who he is?"
Raiden: "He is a Warlock, a Guardian."
Cai Mao: "i-"
Raiden: "was there another Guardian with him, a Hunter with a cloak and a hat?"
Cai Mao: "who are Guardians?"
Raiden: "answer my question."
Cai Mao: "no... he acted alone, but there is a rumor that they meet with a man wearing what you said."
Raiden: "and where this Liu Bei go?"
Cai Mao: "he and his followers took a boat to the Southland, including that... Wizard."
Raiden: "i guess my search is over, I'll stay a little bit longer till i get to where i need to go, I'll help around but it doesn't mean im on your side, thank for sharing this information."