Chapter Fourteen: Baptism By Fire [PT.1]

Zavala: [Guardians on this net, the Shadow Legion has made their move, Empress Caiatl's ships are defend orbit and our task is to save civilians within Jing Province...]
Raiden made it to Niko's location seeing the Legions now regrouped attacking Caiatl's positions.
Nikolai: [hey bud you see my marker?] He saw the Tormentor on lock then fire out a salvo of Missiles killing the target along with those nearby it. he turns the ship around and fire its main guns killing most of the heavily armored Legions.
Niko: [thanks we'll handle it from here.]
Caiatl: [Guardian once my folded weapon arrives i need your help defending it.]
Raiden: "yes ma'am, on my way to my next objective till ship arrives."

(Cotae's POV)

He drag the last wounded soldier into a house and mount his MG on a open window and fire back while Yinping help the injured.
Cotae: "how are they?"
Guan Yinping: "i- i don't-" see her about to have a panic attack held her hand tight to calm her down.
Cotae: "please stay calm, help will arrive."
Guan Yinping: "but- im trying- but- but-"
Cotae: "for me..." she took some breathers before nodding.
Cotae: "trust in the light."
Lord Saladin: "air support is coming."
Raiden: [coming in for a strafing run.]
His ship uses it's missiles to wipe out a wave and hovers over them firing at amy stragglers until it's clear.
Lord Saladin: "thanks for the help Guardian."
Raiden: [much oblige, heading to orbit now, Caiatl had me running errands for her, in the mean time a Hawk will pick you guys up.]
Cotae: "heard you, good luck up there."

Meanwhile Guan Yu watch the sky as ships fire at eachother from afar. but his thought about Yinping's safety. his sons favor making an attempt to rescue their but Mithrax stops them from going into the fight.
Guan Ping: "why won't you let us go, Yinping and Cotae are in danger."
Mithrax: "even if i let you go, you all be endangered and encircled, it's a Cabal tactic which they mastered."
Guan Ping: "i will sacrifice my life to save my sister and Cotae."
Mithrax: "but Master Guan Yu trust The Young Wolf to protect her."
Guan Ping: "but-"
Guan Yu: "he is right my son." Guan Yu enters while being calm and collected.

Guan Yu: "The Young Wolf told me about the Red War where a small group of Lightless Guardians holding off a larger force, it gave time for their people to escape but costs the lives of all of those Heroes."
Mithrax: "not all heroes, one survive to this day."
Guan Yu: "who that might be?"
Mithrax: "he goes by many names but is remembered as The Slayer Of Oryx..."

(Raiden's POV)

Reaching in orbit he saw a space battle between Cabal and Cabal as ships fire volleys of missiles and cannons at eachother. Shadow Legion ships massively outnumbered Caiatl's but when a ship came in from it's jump it was the ship Caiatl needed protection.
Raiden: "Empress i see the ship... is that a gun?"
Caiatl: [Behold Guardian, The Olympus Mons.] the Olympus aim it's gun ans charges until it releases a powerful Plasma Ray that punch through the ships and left a huge explosion that destroyed the ship.
Raiden: "holy-!"

He notice a squadron of enemy fighters escorting Bombers heading towards the Olympus.
Raiden's ship is capable of accelerating to the max manage to catch up and fire his missiles that destroyed one and cause a chain reaction that destroyed all bombers that were packed closely together.

Enemy fighters scrambled as Raiden release a missile that is destroyed then find his next target and fired his chain gun that took off the wing plummeting into another ship granting multiple kills.

Dubs: "one's on your tail Guardian."
tracers past by fired from his third target. he tries shaking the bandit off but to no avail while another closes up behind him.

Raiden: "damn mosquito!" he slam down the brakes then pull up the sticks and watch the bandit past before going full throttle and lock on and releasing his missiles and adds another tally to his kill count. he had another Target on his tail and immediately slowdown to stall and do a flat spin and had his sights on his target and fire his chain gun getting a another kill before regaining speed again.

Dubs: "guardian how did you do that?"
Raiden: "we'll talk about it later."
???: [Guardian this is the Olympus Mons, we'll be fine on our own.]
Raiden: "are you sure about that?"
???: [We are Cabal, We Eat The Mountains, We Drink The Seas.]
Raiden: "roger that, Good Luck Olympus."

He notice fighters heading towards the Plant and decided to follow then to intercept.
Raiden: "oh you're not getting away from me..."

(Guan Yinping's POV)

Treating the wounded while taken fire a couple of Guardians join the defense even pushing back the enemy outside of the village creating an area where a ship lands and open its doors as a Guardian rushes out with a weapon of her own.

???: "call a pick up?"
Cotae: "Tiana."
Tiana: "get'em on board." She helps with the evac of wounded soldiers while the rest who walk in sat down inside this mysterious metal beast.
Guan Yinping: "that is everyone."
Tiana: [hey Zavala send a delivery for you at the road.]
A Hawk carried a Drake Tank on it's belly and dropped it off before leaving.
Thatcher: "he got us a tank?"
Cotae: "he gave me a Tank, he shouldn't have."
Tiana: [now kick em where it hurts.] before he leaves Yinping held on to his hand not let him go.

Guan Yinping: "wait i want to fight too."

Cotae: "it's best if you go."
Guan Yinping: "no."

Cotae: "listen i made a promise to your Father to keep you safe, if anything bad happens to you I'll be damned for the rest of his life, you want that to happen?" she wants to protest but realized the situation will get worst if she in the way.

Guan Yinping: "ok but promise me you will return alive." he held both of her hands together and nod.

Cotae: "i promise..."

________________________________________________________________________________________