;; 15

- wrote this on a whim at 1 am hehehehehehehe probably needs edit but when does it not

"Sungie?" The boy hummed in confusion, eyes still fixated on the YouTube documentary in front of him. Minho has become used to his boyfriend's weird learning habit by now, never wanting to study for school but always watching educational videos on YouTube.. Yeah.

Anyway, back to the point.

"Why do you keep taking night shifts?"

Jisung blinked slowly before he paused his video with a sigh, "because, baby. I need to."

"For what?" He pouted, "do you not want to cuddle me anymore?"

"No no, thats not it at all! Of course i want to cuddle you!" He had set his phone down by now, facing Minho fully. "I want to cuddle you all the time, i do."

"Then why?" Minho whispered, "why does it feel like high school all over again? When you found out i was Lino, you were avoiding me, and you're basically doing it again now! What did i do this time? I-I'd explain whatever you need me t-"

"Minho." Jisung interrupted, the elder gulping at the warning tone. He messed up, didnt he? "Me taking night shifts at work does not have anything to do with me trying to avoid you. I swear that I'm not, i really just.. need to take the shifts. It'll all make sense soon, i promise."

The orange haired boy stared at him for a while before he sighed in defeat, "fine.. I'll believe you." Jisung smiled and pecked his nose, earning a cute giggle in response.

Minho allowed Jisung to settle down between his legs now, the younger's cheek resting against his tummy as Minho pet him like he would do to a cat. He picked up his phone again, pressing play on his YouTube video to continue his crocodile documentary.

The elder, subconsciously listening to what was the only sound in the room, laughed at a few parts he found funny, missing the way Jisung eyed him fondly through his lashes.

Minho's mind had eventually drifted to wondering what Jisung meant by his words.

It'll all make sense soon.

Before he could think any further though, the mentioned male began to stir against Minho's stomach, earning a confused glance downward. Jisung paid it no mind, hugging tighter around his waist and shutting his phone off to set it beside him. He buried himself as far as he could manage into the boy he was clinging to so tight, his eyes falling shut.

"Jisungie," Minho finally spoke, a quiet hum being the only response. "Call out of work."

The younger lifted his head carefully, "hm? Why would i do that, im not sick.."

"If you're too tired to stay awake at two in the afternoon, you are too tired to be awake until after midnight."

Jisung hummed in agreement and picked his phone up again, going to his contacts and pressing one. He put the phone up to his ear as he closed his eyes again, relaxing back into his boyfriend.

"Hey, uh-" Minho snorted silently. How professional. "I was just wondering if it would be too late to call out for tonight and switch my shift with someone.. My boyfriend said im too tired."

Minho could faintly hear his boss agree with his own words before he heard that Jisung was able to stay and that someone else could cover.

With that out of the way, he buried himself again and mumbled something that Minho didnt quite catch, but thats okay. The elder resumed his petting, knowing Jisung liked it (probably more than he really should) and silently poked his cheek.

Jisung let out a breathy laugh at the feeling, grabbing the boys hand gently and bringing it down for him to hold. Minho smiled at him and let him do as he pleased, even if that meant the younger sleepily biting his arm. It wasn't painful, just very.. slobbery.

It'll all make sense soon.

God, Minho was hoping it would be a good thing but the truth would have to come out sooner or later.

"Mm love Minnie," Jisung had whispered in his sleep. Minho laughed quietly and threw a blanket over him, putting an acorn plushie near him as well. Jisung adored that plushie ever since Minho got it for him, showing it off to their friends from time to time as well.

It's times like this that Minho feels he could die a happy man, his pretty boyfriend holding onto him and whispering sleepy love affirmations. In a dark part of his mind though, he's not sure any of that will happen.

The young blonde hugged Minho's thigh now, squishing the acorn plushie between themselves as he used the limb as a pillow. Minho laughed and turned on some Netflix, turning the volume down so he wouldn't wake Jisung.

He clicked a random movie and let it play to fill the silence of the room, though he didn't really pay any attention to the plot. As usual, he was focused on Jisung's peaceful sleeping and the confusion inside his head.

However, a plan had formed in the back of his mind after a while. One that he'd not explain just yet.

:)

This is vague as hell and still less than 900 words I am so sorry I just really don't know how to smooth this shitty 'plot' out and this chapter alone took me a few weeks (I think?) To make but still sucks like what now 🥲