Chapter 22

Demi's POV

I messed up. I messed up real bad. But it's not my fault, this whole situation is weird. It's normal for me to be suspicious...right? That's besides the point, right now I need to get Dani to open her door so we can talk some more. I just need her to completely open up with me. I hope that this is all some kind of joke or misunderstanding.

Dani's POV

I filled the bath and took off my clothes, being sure not to get any blood on them. I slowly sat myself in the bath, allowing my arms to submerge, feeling the sting of the water flooding my newly made gashes. I closed my eyes and drowned out the noise of Demi's constant slamming on the door. It soon became very clear that Demi wasn't going to go away so I made sure I was clean and carefully got out of the tub. I dried myself off and grabbed some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and threw them on. I quickly braided my hair and unlocked the door but I didn't open it. I jumped onto the bed and turned the tv on. Demi pushed the door open and let it slam again the wall behind it. "YOU CAN'T JUST LOCK YOUR DOOR AND IGNORE ME?!" She yelled. She took a deep breath, "Sorry..uh..are you okay?" She asked, lowering her voice to a normal indoor level.

"I'm fine. I just want to be alone now." Demi stepped forward and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I know you don't want to go to the police, I wish you did but I have to respect your decision. But since this is just staying between us, I want to know the whole story. And I want to know what I can do to help."

"Well for starters, you can stop talking about it and just pretend it never happened." I continued flipping through the TV stations, avoiding eye contact with Demi. She could obviously tell that I wasn't really interested in watching TV because she took the remote from my hand and turned it off. "Look at me." I shifted my eyes to look at hers. "This has to be bothering you. Are you really going to just ignore this? This is crazy!"

"What do you expect me to do? Walk into the police station and tell them that my mom, who's not actually my mom, is a murderer? Yeah, I'm sure that would work out great for me."

"Maybe show them how you know, how you found out. I don't know, this isn't something that people just pretend didn't happen. Don't you think she's going to continue looking for you? What if she finds you?"

"We'll take this one step at a time and deal with that bridge when we come to it...if we come to it."

"I guess...if that's really how you want to deal with this."

-----------------------------------------

I know it's been forever since I updated. I've honestly been so busy because I've been working on becoming a certified fitness instructor so I've been teaching and taking a lot of classes along with keeping up with school so you're going to have to just bare with me. Anyways, comment below with any thoughts or ideas for the story, I'll try to work in any requests I receive. Thanks for reading and voting!