Chapter 21

Dani's POV

Why would she ask that? Does she expect me to say yes? Maybe she's testing me, maybe she wants to see if I'm crazy. I'm not, I'm not crazy. I know what I saw and heard.

"Dani? Are you going to answer my question?"

I looked up at her, I could feel sweat droplets forming on my forehead. "Yes." I heard the word slide out from my mouth. Demi and I stared at each other, we were both confused. We didn't know who was going to speak next or what they would say.

"..Are you..serious?" Demi asked hesitantly. I nodded. "Oh my god, we have to go to the police."

"No, we are not going to the police. Everything will be fine. I'll be 18 in a couple years and then I can go live on my own, far away from here."

"And what are you going to do until then? Run from town to town, sleeping in alleyways?"

"If I have to, yes." Demi sighed and glanced around the room.

"How did you even find out?"

"It's kind of a long story and I don't want to talk about it. Besides, it doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter? Dani, you're telling me that your moms a murderer, that's not something we just move past! That's a big deal!"

"Stop calling her my mom! She's not and will never be my mother!" I clenched my fists.

"This just doesn't seem right. Most people want to go to the police when they find out someones a murderer. It's just odd that you want to ignore it and go on with your life." I cannot believe her right now. Why would I make this up?

"You don't believe me!" I felt my eyes welling up with tears. "You think I'm crazy, don't you?! I'm not crazy!" I stood up and ran to my room with my backpack in hand. I shut and locked the door. I pulled the chair out from the desk by the window and put the back of it under the doorknob, this way Demi can't get in even if she somehow unlocks the door.

"Dani! Dani! Let me in! Please!" Demi continuously slammed her fist against the door. I feel like I can't breath, I'm drowning in my own tears. I grabbed my blade and went into the bathroom, there's one thing that can always calm me down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been sooo busy latley. I've been going to school and then going to the gym for about 2-3 hours everyday. I haven't had much time to write. I'm really trying though so bare with me. Anyways, I hope you liked this short chapter. Let me know what you think and any suggestions you have. As always, thanks for reading and voting!