Chapter 20

Dani's POV

"Demi you don't understand! We have to leave!" My eyes were flooding with tears. My body was trembling in fear. I could tell Demi was confused, she didn't know what to do. "Demi!" A tear rolled down my cheek, followed by others, "please." My voice cracked. Demi sighed before leaving some money on the table and taking me to her car. I quickly got in and locked all the doors as soon as Demi got in.

When we got to the hotel, I went into the room I slept in last night and found my backpack. I went out to the living room where Demi was just standing there, confusion painted across her face."Thank you so much for everything. I'm so grateful for being able to meet you and spend time with you, but I have to go. Hopefully we'll see each other again." I turned and headed towards the door.

"Dani stop! You can't keep running and avoiding my questions." She pointed to the couch. "You are going to sit down and tell me what the hell is going on. No more excuses, no more lies. I want the truth, all of it." I bit my lip and looked at the door one more time, I wanna go so bad. I wanna run, I wanna get away. But I pushed past all my urges to run out the door and sat down on the couch. Demi sat in the chair across from me. "I uh, my parents..they..um.." I stuttered.

"Dani just tell me. It can't be that bad." She has no idea. I don't know what to do. what am I supposed to tell her? That my "parents" are murderers. They murdered my real parents and pretended to be them and now they want to murder me because I know. And who knows how many others they've killed. She's going to think I made all this up and I'm crazy or something. "Dani?" Demi waved her hand in my face, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh..I..I'm adopted," I spit out. Really? That's the best I could come up with? I am not good under pressure. I guess it's not too far off from the truth though, right?

"That's it? You're adopted? That's what all of this has been about?"

"Yeah."

"You ran away from home and have been freaking out because you found out that you're adopted." I nodded. "Okay well I'm going to call your adopted-mom now and let her know what's going on."

"No, Demi, please don't!"

"Dani that's enough. This is getting ridiculous. I can understand that your confused and you want to know where your real parents are and everything, but your acting like your mom is gone hurt you or something. I'm sure she'll explain everything to you if you ask, but your acting like she's a murderer or something." Why did she have to say that? I looked down and began to fiddle with my hands.

Demi's POV

Dani's overreacting. This doesn't make sense. However, as soon as I said murderer, her body language completely changed. That couldn't mean...no no, it can't be. But it can't hurt to ask, right? "Dani, I know this might sound silly but..is she a murderer?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh kind of a cliff hanger! Is Dani going to tell Demi? Can she tell Demi? I guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out. Also, it's about time Demi took charge and made Dani stop playing games with her.

Anyways I'm really happy with how the stories turning out so far, I hope you guys are enjoying it. Please vote and leave a comment. Let me know what you like and/or would like to see happen later in the story. I always love hearing your suggestions and what you guys like to see, I'll try to include all suggestions I receive. 

Thanks for reading!