Chapter 3

Demi's POV

I changed into the clothes Dani picked out for me and my makeup artist came in and did my hair and makeup.

"I like your outfit!" She said as she finished my eyeliner.

"Thanks! Dani picked it out for me!" I set as I pointed to Dani who was sitting on the couch playing on her phone.

"She's got good taste." Once my hair and makeup was done, Little Mix finished their set. I'm going on in about 10 minutes.

"Wanna walk me to the stage?" Dani's head shot up and she smiled.

"Yeah!" She jumped up and we walked over to the lift under the stage. "How many people do you think are out there?" Dani asked.

"Over a thousand."

"Wow."

"Do you want to come out with me during one of my songs?" Dani's smile faded and what looked like fear replaced it.

"N-no thanks. I'll just stay on the sides and watch."

"Alright." The music started and the lift began to rise.

"Good luck!" Dani shouted and I flashed her a smile before she was out of sight. I began singing 'Heart Attack' I kept looking over to the sides of the stage for Dani but I never saw her. I moved on to the next song. Is she still down below? Did she not find her way back up?

After 3 songs I started to get worried. I finished 'Made In The USA', the 4th song on the set list. I was all the way at the end of the catwalk. 'Don't Forget' is next. (I don't know exactly what order the setlist goes in, I just know the songs she sings) I walked back up to meet my guitarist as he plays the fist few chords. I took one more glance at the side of the stage and this time, Dani was standing there. I smiled at her and she gave me a little wave in return.

I finished 'Neon Lights' before going back down on the lift. As the lift stopped I felt two arms wrap around me. "You did great!" I heard a familiar voice yell. She pulled away and I saw her clearly, it was Dani.

"Thanks but it's not over yet!" I grabbed her hand and ran back to my dressing room. I opened the closet and pulled out my 'Skyscraper' dress. I quickly threw it on over my other clothes and me and Dani went back to the lift. Everyone in the audience was cheering, "Encore! Encore! Encore!" I went back up and performed 'Skyscraper'. During the chorus, the lift rises up above the stage. Once it went down near the end, I saw Dani standing at the side on the stage with tear streaks on her cheeks. I wanted to run over and and hug her but I can't just yet, I have one more song. My backup singers came over and took my dress off, I had cloths on underneath you pervs. Anyways, I began singing  'Give Your Heart A Break'.

Dani's POV

This whole day has been so surreal. I'm surprised I haven't woken up yet. Demi finished the last line of 'Skyscraper' and the crowd went crazy. I saw all their little phone flashlights, it looked beautiful. It's amazing how Demi has brought our family together, the lovatic family. I felt my phone ringing in my pocket. I made my way back to Demi's dressing room to answer it. I shut the door behind me and slid the green answer button. "Hello?"

"Where the fuck are you?!" My mom yelled, her words slurring. Great, she's drunk..again.

"With a friend."

"Get your ass home right now!"

"Can I stay the night?"

"No! I want you home right now!"

"Fine. I'll leave now."

"Next time you better fucking ask me if you can go somewhere." I hung up without saying another word. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from Demi's little desk and left her a note.

'Demi,
Today was the best day of my entire life. I will never forget it. Thank you so much for everything. I'm sorry I had to leave early, my mom wanted me home. I hope we'll see each other again soon.
Love always, Dani.'

I went out through the back door and began my hour long walk home.

-------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please leave a comment and/or vote. If you have any suggestions or just want to let me know if you like the story, tell me in the comments below! Thanks so much for reading!