Chapter 6

Demi's POV

I didn't want to leave Dani alone for too long so I told Max that we had to come back right after the interview. I flashed my award winning smile as I walked to the pavillion. I took my seat next to the interviewer and was handed a microphone. "3, 2, 1" The camera man pointed to us and the interviewer began speaking.

"Good afternoon everyone! I'm joined here with the lovely Demi Lovato!"

"Hello!" I waved to the camera.

The interview dragged on. I answered the same questions as always, talked about my new album, my book, my hair, etc. We finally finished and I went back to the hotel with Max. I stopped on the way for a few pictures. We went inside and got in the elevator. Once we reached our floor, I skipped down the hallway to my room.

Dani's POV

I heard the lock on the door turn. I jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom. "I'm baaaaccckk!" I heard Demi sing. "Dani?"

"Uhh in here!" I shouted. I rushed to wipe the tears and makeup off my face. I put the towel up to my right cheek and scrubbed off my smeared eyeliner, "Ow, fuck!" I said a bit too loudly.

"Dani, is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah, I just uh..stubbed my toe." I am awful under pressure, What actually happened was I touched the bruise on my face from..my mom. Shit, I got all my makeup off but now that bruise is showing. I dug through the drawers looking for makeup.

"Dani ar-

"Be out in a minute!" I cut her off. God dammit she has no makeup in here!!! I pulled my hair onto my face a little. Maybe she won't notice. I took a deep breath before opening the door. In front of me stood Demi with a concerned look on her face. I gave her a small smile. I walked past her and grabbed my phone off the bed. 4 texts from my mom, just fantastic. I unlocked my phone and hovered my thumb over the messages app, debating whether I should open it or not. Demi sat next to me and looked at my phone. "You gonna read your messages?" Her voice pulled me out of my little trance.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I stood up and walked towards the window so she couldn't see my phone. I tapped the messages and read all of them.

'Come down here right now!'

'Little bitch you better open your god damn door!'

'I will break down your fucking door if I have too.'

'WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU YOU'RE DONE!'

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I shouldn't have left. What is she going to do to me? "I should get going." I said quickly as I rushed to the door.

"Wait! Do you need a ride?" Demi asked.

"No, I really have to go! Bye!" I walked out of her room and hurried out of the hotel. I got home and climbed up the fire escape. I hopped into my room and noticed my door was opened and the lock was broken. I went downstairs where my mom was sitting on the couch. She looked at me with an angry look on her face. Before she said anything I tried to take her mind off of me leaving. "Where's dad?" I asked.

"Work. Where were you?"

"With a friend." 

"Sure you were." I walked into the kitchen to get myself a snack. I heard my mom get up and follow me. I opened the fridge but it was immediately slammed shut by my mom. "Look at me!" She screamed. I slowly turned around to face her. I felt her fist collide with my stomach. I wrapped my arms around it and sunk to the floor. "What the fuck makes you think you can just leave?! I'm the boss around here! You do what I say and what I say only!" I felt my eyes watering. Oh no, don't cry. I tilted my head down to hide the tears from my mom. "Fucking look at me, bitch!!" She screamed as she kicked my side. I let out a wimper and kept my head down. My mom bent down in front of me and grabbed my shirt. She pulled on it making me look up. "Are you crying? Can baby not take a hit?" She faked sympathy. "Suck it up!" She released my shirt and stood up. She began walking away but stopped at the door, "tell anyone about this and you're dead!" She screamed before she left the house, slamming the door behind her. I waited until I heard her drive away before letting myself scream and cry. 

-----------------------------------

I finally updated! Sorry it took so long. I was trying to update my other fanfic and think of ideas for this one. I had writers block for awhile but I finally got an idea! I'm excited to get to the big plot twist in this story!! So as usual, please comment. Tell me what you like and want to see. Your comments really motivate me to write and update faster and more often! Thanks for reading and voting!