Chapter 16

Dani's POV

I continued to run as fast as my legs could carry me. My vision was getting blurry and I was slowing down. My lack of food ad water was not helping me at all. I could hear whoever was following me get closer. I used every last ounce of energy I had to get away. I reached the end of the alley, there's a gate separating me from the main road, fuck. I saw a small hole on the bottom left side of the gate. Maybe I can squeeze through it. I crouched down and tried to push myself through the gate. I felt the broken metal wires cutting into my arms. I ignored the horrendous stinging and tried to finish getting to the other side.

Before I could get completely through, I felt someone grabbed me by my sides and pull me back. I screamed and kicked hoping that they would let me go. "STOP! LET ME GO!"

"Dani! D...! It's...Demi!" I could barely make out what they said over my own screams. Demi? No, it can't be. Why would she be out here? How would she find me? I stopped kicking and turned around to face the person with my dirt and tear stained face. It..it is Demi. This can't be happening. I must be dreaming but I don't care. I threw my arms around her and held onto her like my life depended, which I guess it kind of does right now. I buried my head in her shoulder and let out all the tears I've been holding in.

I heard a set of footsteps approach us. I lifted my head a little to see Max looking down at me. I burried my head in the crook of Demi's neck and continued to cry as I felt her stand up, picking me up with her. She started walking but I didn't bother paying attention to where we were going.

I felt Demi sit down. "Dani.." she said softly, I lifted my head a little so I could just see her face. "What happened?" I got off of her and wiped the tears off my face. I noticed we were in her tour bus. "Nothing, it was nothing." I heard Demi sigh behind me. She put her hand on my shoulder but I pulled away and stood up. "I should just go." Honestly I feel like an idiot. I shouldn't of broke in front of Demi. I can't let her in, she can't know anything. "Can you ask your driver to pull over?" I added.

"What? No, at least let me bring you home. Do your parents know your out here?"

"Demi you don't understand. I need to get out, please." She just looked at me. Worry and confusion covering her face.

"Dani, please..." She stood up and tried to come and comfort me but I pulled away. "Just let me h-"

"I don't need your help!" I began to raise my voice. I hate to yell at Demi but I don't want to bring her into this...I don't want her to get hurt. Demi sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. I walked to one of the couches closer to the front of the bus. I need to have a plan, I can't let Demi bring me home. Who knows what my parents will do to me? But I can't be around her, what if I accidently tell her about my parents? Maybe I could go back to her hotel with her and sneak out tonight.

Demi came and sat next to me. "I don't get it..you were fine the last time I saw you.." I kept my eyes locked on the ground. "You can trust me."

I didn't respond, I don't know what to say. I can't tell her, can I?

---------------------------------------------

I finally updated. School started this week and we went on a camping trip so I was busy and stressing out a lot. Hopefully I'll fit in some writing time with my school schedule and be able to update more regularly.

Anyways I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and leave me a comment. Let me know what you like and what you would like to see happen. Also leave any predictions or suggestions. Thanks for reading!