Chapter 13

Dani's POV

I guess I lost track of time because before I knew it, I heard a car pull in the driveway. Shit. I shut my dad's laptop and ran upstairs. I turned off the light and shut the door. Then I ran upstairs as I heard the front door open. I sat on top of the stairs, out of sight and listened to my parents downstairs.

"Wasn't this door locked?" My dad asked. Oh shit. I forgot to lock the basement door.

"I thought it was. Nothing's missing down there, right?"

I think I put- the binder! I didn't put the binder back on the shelf! I'm so dead. I hear someone slam a door shut. "That little bitch went through my things!" I heard my dad scream.

"Do you think she knows?" My mom asked, her voice was quiet but I could tell she was mad.

"What the fuck are we going to do now?! She's going to get us arrested!"

"We have to get rid of her. Just like we did to the others."

"No, we can't! We said we weren't going to do that! It's too risky, last time we almost got caught!"

"Its worth the risk! If we don't get rid of her, she'll turn us in!" Get rid of me? What do they mean?

"Well, if we're gonna do it. We might as well do it tonight. But we need a plan. Let's go down to my office, we can talk more down there." I heard them go downstairs. I don't know what they mean by 'get rid of me,' but I'm not going to stay long enough to find out.

I went into my room and locked the door. I grabbed a backpack and put my money, makeup, some clothes and a few other things in it. I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket before opening my window and climbing out of it. I used the fire escape to help me down. When I was on the ground I immediately started running. If I'm fast enough, I might be able to get to the station and catch the next train. I need to get away, far away.

--------------------------

I apologize because this chapter is so short. The next chapter will definitely be longer. Also, what do you guys think about the plot twist? Let me know in the comments and leave any requests or ideas for the story you have! Thanks for reading and voting!