Chapter 4

Demi's POV

After the last song, I went down on the lift waving to the crowd. I gave one of my stage managers my microphone and went to my dressing room. To my surprise Dani wasn't in there, where'd she go? Maybe she's in the bathroom. I took my phone off my makeup desk and underneath was a little note. I unfolded it and began reading it. 

'Demi, 

Today was the best day of my entire life. I will never forget it. Thank you so much for everything. I'm sorry I had to leave early, my mom wanted me home. I hope we'll see each other again soon. 

Love always, Dani.'

She just left? Maybe she wrote this a few minutes ago and is still in the arena or parking lot. I ran to the back and went outside. I stepped back in when I realized it was raining. I didn't see her out there. I hope she got a ride home and didn't walk in the rain. "Ready to go?" Max asked, startling me a bit. 

"Yeah." I replied. I grabbed my things from my dressing room then went out the the bus with Max. I sat in the middle of the bus on one of the couches. I looked out the window and waved to all my fans who were standing out in the rain waiting for me. I wish I could go out and meet all of them but we have to go. It was pretty dark out. We decided to take side streets because the bus isn't very good on highways. Also we didn't want to go onto the main road and get slowed down by traffic lights. I wonder if Dani got home ok. I heard the GPS's robotic voice from the front of the bus, "Turn right on Oak Drive." Once we got to my hotel. Max walked me to my room before going to his, which was right across the hall. I changed straight into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and went to bed. 

Dani's POV

I finally got home and I was soaked. Why did it have to be raining. I opened the door and shut it as quietly as possible, hoping my mom wouldn't hear. "It's about fucking time you got home." My mom said to me. I turned around and saw she was on the couch. So much for sneaking around. There were more than five beer bottles on the coffee table and she had one in her hand. 

"It was a long walk." I replied quietly. I hope she doesn't do what I think she's going to do with that bottle. She pulled it back and swung it forward releasing it, making it fly towards my head. I moved slightly and it smashed against the wall not even a foot from my head. Yep, exactly what I thought she'd do. 

"Go make me dinner." She demanded.

"Can I just go to bed? I had a long day and I'm really-"

"No. Go make dinner!" Her voice got angrier. I'm not dealing with her bullshit. She can make her own damn dinner. I ran upstairs before she could do anything to stop me. I went into my room and slammed the door shut and locked it quickly. I could hear my mom screaming my name and other awful words from downstairs. Luckily I have a bathroom connected to my room. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before getting into some pajamas and laying in bed. As I was about to fall asleep my phone buzzed. It was a text from my mom. I know I shouldn't read it but I did anyway. 'You're a fucking waste of space, I should've never had you.' I put my phone back on the charger before going to sleep. 

The next morning I woke up around ten. I sat up and swung my feet off the bed. I stood up and looked at my phone. I got a notification from twitter telling me Demi tweeted, I immediately read it as I walked towards the bathroom. 'Getting ready for my interview in  a few hours! Come watch at the Pavilion at one!' The pavilion? That's about a 20 minute walk from my house! I have to go! I straightened my hair and did my makeup before going downstairs to get a small breakfast because I skipped dinner.I unlocked my door and skipped down the stairs, momentarily forgetting what happened last night, but once I saw my mom, it all came back to me. She should be at work. What is she doing here? 

"S-shouldn't you be at w-work?" My voice was shaky. I know she's really mad about last night. She didn't answer. I went closer and reached to grab an apple. Before I could take it, my mom firmly grasped my wrist and spun me towards her. My heart was beating faster than it ever has. Before I knew it I felt my cheek stinging, she..she hit me. She's screamed, said awful things and thrown stuff at me before but it's never gotten to the point where she physically hurt me. I couldn't believe it. I ran back to my room quickly. Locking the door behind me, of course. I sat on my bed and cried, uncontrollably.

I went into my bathroom and wiped all the makeup and tears off my face. I reapplied my makeup soon after, making sure to cover up the hand shaped bruise forming on my upper right cheek, I don't want Demi to see it. I opened my window and climbed down. I have a little ladder that goes from my window to about three feet off the ground, I just hop down at the end. I use it whenever I want to get out without my mom knowing. All I had with me was my phone. I walked to the pavilion. When I got there it was about 12:30, and there were a lot of people there. Hopefully Demi will see me. But what if she doesn't remember me. I mean, after all I am just another fan to her. 

------------------------

Please leave a comment telling me if you like the story and any suggestions you have! Thanks so much for reading and voting!