Chapter 10

Demi's POV

I was a bit taken back from how she spoke to me. "Is Dani here?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I want to see her." I demanded.

"Really? Are you sure you got the right Dani?" The lady asked. Is this Dani's mom? Why is she talking about her like this. I didn't even know how to respond to that, luckily Max spoke up.

"Can you please just tell us where Dani is?"

"She's not home." I could tell she was lying. I'm getting into this house one way or another.

"That's okay, I'll just wait in her room until she gets back." I walked in, pushing the woman out of my way. Max came in behind me.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" The lady screamed as she came towards me. Max stood in between us.

"Demi, go find Dani. I'll stay down here." Max said. I nodded and ran up the stairs.

"Dani! Dani!" I shouted.

"In here!" I heard her small voice yell back. I ran into the room her voice came from. I saw her just sitting on her bed with her laptop.

Dani's POV

That was close. I heard my mom screaming at someone downstairs. It was Demi. I ran to the bathroom next to my room to clean myself up. I didn't want Demi to know what my mom did to me. I covered the new bruises forming on my face with makeup before sitting on my bed.

Now, Demi was standing in my doorway with a look of utter confusion on her face. "What's up?" I asked. I hope I can keep myself together. I can feel tears threatening to spill as what my mother did and screamed to me replayed through my mind over and over again.

"I-I came to see if everything was okay. You called me three times and when I tried to call back you didn't answer." She said. I could hear worry in her voice, but it was almost completely hidden by a tone of confusion.

"Oh. I was just bored, I forgot you were in an interview. Everything's great!" I faked a smile.

"You're mom seems really angry, did something happen?"

"Uh she probably just had a bad day at work." I could tell Demi wasn't convinced. I'm such an idiot for calling her. Before Demi could ask any more questions, Max came in.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Where's Dani's mom?" She responded.

"She into another room, are you going to stay here tonight?" Demi looked at me.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." I spoke. It's too risky to have Demi here when my mom's like this.

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying to keep you company." Demi asked. This girl is persistent.

"Yeah I'm pretty tired. I just want to take a nap."

"Alright. Just call me if you need anything. Okay?"

"Okay." I walked Demi and Max out. After they drove away, I went inside then went straight to my room. I stayed in there all night trying to avoid my mom. Once night came, I decided to skip dinner. I took off my makeup and seeing the now fully formed bruises on my face caused my eyes to fill with tears. And I ended up crying myself to sleep with an empty stomach.

----------------------------

I'm trying to update as often as I can but it's summer and I'm trying to hang out with all my friends and do a lot of stuff so it's hard to find time to just sit down and write. But I got some time today so here's another chapter! I hope you like it and please leave a comment or message me telling me what you like and what you'd like to see happen in the story. Thanks for reading and voting!