Chapter 8

Demi's POV

Once Dani gave me her address, I touched up my makeup then went right over. When I got there, I knocked on the door and Dani opened it about a minute after. I smiled at her and she looked..well, I don't really know. I can't quite describe it. It was like a mix of saddness and..pain? I don't get it. She said everything was fine. Was she lying? Is she hiding something from me? I was pulled out of my thoughts when Dani said something. "Come in, we can watch a movie." She opened the door a little more and I walked into her house. I went over to the couch she pointed too. She walked behind me which I thought was pretty weird because I'm in her house so she should be in front, leading me. I sat down and watched her come join me. She was walking unusually slow and it looked like she was limping a little. Okay, there's definitely something off here. How should I bring it up? Should I even bring it up?

Dani stood in front of me and snapped her fingers, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Hello! Earth to Demetria!"

"Huh? Oh sorry, I was just spacing out."

"Everything okay?" Maybe I should be asking her that.

"Yeah, everything's great." Fuck. I should've asked why she was limping. That was my chance.

"Good. So what movie do you want to watch?" Dani asked.

"Doesn't matter. Something scary." I watched as she carefully walked over to the TV and bent down. She's definitley walking funny. But she's trying to cover it up, as if she doesn't want me to notice. She put the movie The Conjuring, in the DVD player then made her way back to the couch. She took a seat next to me and while the previews played I decided I should bring up her limp. "So uh...I noticed you walking kinda funny since I've been here. Is everything alright?" I asked. I saw Dani tense up, almost exactly like she did when she read the texts. However, she quickly loosened up when she began to talk.

"My leg just fell asleep. No big deal." I took a small sigh of relief. I should've known nothing was wrong. Or maybe there is something wrong..why would she tense up when I asked if she knew that everything was okay. She wouldn't keep something from me right?

I barely payed attention to the movie, I don't think Dani did either. We were probably about half way through when I decided to bring up her limp again. So, is your leg still asleep?" Way to go, Demi, that was a terrible way to start this conversation.

Dani's POV

Why won't she get off this topic. I don't want her to know. She can't. I can't say my leg's not asleep anymore because then if she see's me still limping she'll know something happened. Something bad.

"Uh yeah, a little." Demi looked away for a minute. I could tell by the look on her face that she was thinking. After what felt like an hour of awkward silence she turned and looked back at me.

"Dani, you trust me, right?" Her voice was very different than I've heard it since I've known her. She sounded sort of, sad and sympathetic. It's weird. It's different for me. No one ever seems like they care. What should I say? She's my idol, of course I trust her, but I can't tell her everything. I can't tell her I self harm, I can't tell her I sometimes skip meals, and I can't tell her what my mom did. "Dani?" Demi said, breaking the silence.

"Yes." Yes? Why did she ask? Is she going to ask about my limp again? What do I say?

"Okay, so why are you limping?"

"Because I..I got hurt." What the fuck?! Did you really just say that?

"Where? Can I see? Please." Does it really matter? Does she really care? I just nodded and lifted up my shirt, revealing the now, quite big, fully formed bruise. I watched Demi's expression carefully. Her sympathetic look quickly changed to sadness with a hint of confusion. A small gasp slipped out from between her lips. "How did this happen?" She asked very quietly, I could barely hear what she said.

"Well I uh-" before I could even finish my sentence Demi interrupted me with another question.

"Who did this?" She asked, her voice much louder this time, almost like she was angry.

"N-no one. I fell down the stairs." I quickly blurted out. I hope she buys it and we can stop talking about it.

"Are you sure? Dani, you can tell me anything, really."

"Yes Demi, I'm sure." I pushed out a smile on my face, hopefully convincing her. Demi smiled back.

"Good." She pulled out her phone and unlocked it. "What's your number? I keep forgetting to ask." We traded numbers. Thank god we're moving on from talking about my bruise.

After a few more hours of hanging out, which was really fun. Demi and I heard a knock on the door and I swear to god my heart skipped a beat. Please don't be my mom, please. "Want me to get it?" Demi asked.

"No! No, I-I got it." I got up, trying not to hurt myself too bad, then walked over to the door. I placed my hand on the door knob and turned it as I repeated the same words in my head over and over again, please don't be my mom. Please don't me my mom. I pulled the door open as panic took over my body.

---------------------------------------------

Kind of an extra long chapter! Lucky you! This coming week is my last week of school! I cannot wait for summer! Hopefully I'll have more time to update in the summer since I won't be busy with school and homework. So I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment what you liked and what you would like to see later in the story. Also feel free to message me anytime!

Keeping Secrets (A Demi Lovato Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें