Chapter 9

Dani's POV

I pulled the door open so the person behind it was in view. I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw Max, Demi's bodyguard. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Hello, is Demi here?" He asked, his thick Aussie accent coming through.

"Y-yeah, she's over here." I let him in, shutting the door behind him, then leading him to the living room were Demi was. She turned around when she heard me walk closer to her and looked confused when she saw Max.

"Max? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to pick you up, you have an interview in 30 minutes."

"Oh shit, I forgot!" She quickly got up and went to the door with Max. I followed. Demi grabbed her purse and put her sweatshirt on. "I'm so sorry I have to run out like this. I totally forgot. Do you want to come? I'm sure they won't mind if I bring a friend."

"No, it's fine."

"Are you sure? I feel bad just ditching you here."

"It's fine, really." I let my mouth form a small smile.

"Alright. I have my phone on me so just text me if you get bored or need anything, okay?"

"Yes, Demi. I'm 15 years old, I think I can handle myself."

"Alright, alright. I gotta go. Talk to ya later!" She got into her car and drove away. I shut the front door and went into the kitchen. I know my moms coming home soon, I don't want her to hurt me again. I can't take anymore. I opened her liquor cabinet and took out every bottle. I opened each one and poured every last drop down the sink before throwing the bottles in the trash. She won't get drunk tonight so she won't get abusive, right? I heard a car pull in the driveway as I threw the last bottle in the trash. Oh boy. I went upstairs as I heard the car door shut. I sat on my bed and went on my laptop.

After about 10 minutes, I heard my mom stomping up the stairs. My door flung open, causing me to jump a little. "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ALCOHOL?!"

"I-I threw it away." I stuttered.

"YOU WHAT?!"

"I dumped them all out." I tried to sound a little more stern this time. My mom walked over as I stood up. Maybe I can run around her. She's pissed. Why did I think dumping out her alcohol would make her less angry? She lifted her arm as I tried to duck around her. Before I could run out of the room, she grabbed the collar of my shirt, making it so I had to look at her. She slapped me across the face. "Ow! Mom stop! Please!" I screamed. She hit me again as a few tears escaped from my eyes. She let go of me and I fell to the floor. 

"THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO NEVER TOUCH MY STUFF AGAIN!" She walked out, slamming the door behind her. I reached up and grabbed my phone off my bed as my face was flooding with more tears. I didn't know what to do, so I called Demi. After a few times of her not answering, I remembered she's doing an interview. Dammit. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I shoudn't tell her. I threw my phone across the room as I layed on the floor and cried. 

Demi's POV

I just finished the interview. I went back to my dressing room to grab my purse. "Demi, we have to go. The crowd outside isn't getting any smaller, we should try to sneak out the back." Max said. I nodded and followed him to the back. When we got there, we could here people screaming my name from outside. They must be all around the building. Max looked at me, "Ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I replied back. He opened the door and I walked out. I wish I could stop and take pictures but there's way too many people. I felt Max put one arm around me to help me through the crowd. We got to the car and drove away. Once we got away from the crowd, I took out my phone to see if anyone texted me during my interview. I had three missed calls from..Dani? Why would she keep calling me? She knew I was in an interview, something has to be wrong. I tried to call her back but she didn't answer. I could feel my heart beat speeding up. I'm getting worried. "Max, we have to go to Dani's house." I instructed. 

"Okay. Is everything alright?"

"I don't think so." Once we got there. I rushed out of the car and literally ran to the front door. I knocked on the door, praying that Dani would open it. After knocking about 100 times, I heard the lock click and the door opened. But the person standing there wasn't Dani. "What the fuck do you want?" The lady standing on the other side of the door asked angrily. 

-------------------------------

I really need you're opinions. Should Demi find out about Dani's mom abusing her now or should Dani try to keep it a secret for a little longer? Also if I get enough comments I will probably update very soon because I'm on a roll right now so I think I'm going to start writing the next chapter right now. So please comment your opinions on what Dani should do! And thanks for reading