[6 - Onomatopeia]

Percy

We kept trying to explain ourselves but my convincing skills weren't very up to par. And despite Annabeth's better persuading ability, it wasn't enough.

Dr. Wells had managed to find an answer to every question and find a hole in every excuse. How did he even know we were on the news? He was with us the entire time.

"That isn't what happened," I say, my lips drawn tightly. "It isn't like that."

"But it's right there, is it not?" Dr. Wells points to the screen, still showing the picture of us and we both have nothing to say.

"You don't understand, you're-" Annabeth begins to say but a noise cuts her off. All the screens in the room issued a booming alarm.

I was thankful for the good timing, although I didn't know if that alarm was something good or something bad.

"Saved by the metahuman, how fortunate," Dr. Wells eyes us before going up to the screens.

"Wait, what's happening?" Annabeth walks up and examines the screen. Her eyes darted from place to place.

"It basically tracks criminal activity," Cisco says, who had just rolled in with one of his revolving chairs. "Now scooch over. A building is on fire on Main Street. It says firefighters are already at the scene."

"Ah, yes, fire. Mankinds oldest foe," Wells adds.

Everyone looks at Barry who changed back into his bright red Flash outfit. And before the blink of an eye, he was gone.

Annabeth and I didn't know what to do, so we just stood far away from the others. I never seemed anything like this before. Makes sense though, I mean, it's Central City.

"I'm here!" Barry's voice emits from the speakers on the desk. "Oh, my God. I think a building on fire would be an understatement, Cisco! The whole block is on fire. I can't do this." It's obvious he was nervous. You could sense his hopelessness from here.

"Barry, just get everyone out first," Caitlin says, leaning towards the speakers.

"I can't! It's a whole block! The place is about to blow any second. Please, what do I do?"

"Listen to me," Dr. Wells begins to say. "You have to create a vacuum. Rotate your arms at super-speed. It'll create a wind funnel that will suck the air right out of the room."

There's a minute of silence, Barry's attempt to do the wind funnel. But after a grunt, we know it failed. "It's working, but barely. I won't be able to do all the houses on the block."

I look at Annabeth and she immediately knows what I'm thinking. She shakes her head. "Don't do it," she whispers. "You know what could happen. They don't trust us now, doing that would make us have to answer questions we can't give the answers to."

"I have too. Besides, water beats fire," I rub my forehead and immediately adjust my stance.

"Let me go with him." Everyone who was crowded around the desk looked behind at me and gave me a look. "I know I can help, just trust me."

"What are you going to do?" Dr. Wells raises his eyebrows but I give him a simple plead. I know, an unbelievable story. I was surprised it worked.