[37 - Hero]

Percy

One second, Barry was running in the Pipeline, and the next, there was a loud explosion and Barry's tracker no longer appeared on the screens before me. "He did it," Eddie whispered.

"He did it!" Joe whooped out. We all high-waved, smiles on all of our faces. But we knew after the moment of victory, we had to focus on getting Barry back in time.

"Now what?" I ask the group, curious as to what happens next for our plan.

"Now it's time to say good-bye to Harrison Wells," Caitlin replies, looking at me with a neutral expression on her face.

Joe, Cisco, and I leave the Cortex and to a room connected to the Pipeline. The rest of the group stayed upstairs to keep watch on Barry. Joe led the way, he was on high alert as he pulled the gun from his holster that was strapped on his pants. He raised the gun up and clicked off the safety catch. We all knew Thawne could easily dodge a bullet, probably do it in his sleep. But that's why I was here.

I was close on Joe's tail, prepared to summon water if needed. And if things were to go awry, I was there to shield Joe and Cisco of anything that might cause them harm. Cisco, who stood a few feet away from Joe and I, hesitant to walk closer and closer to Thawne who stood near a weird contraption of some sorts.

"You built that?" I whispered to Cisco as he walked closer to me.

He nods, "We already had all the parts, the only hard part was constructing it. I haven't even tested it out yet. Let's just hope this time travelling device works."

Already on the topic of the machine, Thawne examines it and says, "It's beautiful. Rip Hunter would've been impressed, Cisco," his eyes turned to Cisco who seemed to have shrunk back behind me despite the compliment. "He built the first one of these. Interesting man."

Just mere moments after he finished his sentence, something flew out of the large, blue portal wormhole thing in the middle of the room. The wormhole filled up a third of the room, that was saying a lot since the room we were currently occupying was big enough as it was. Wind emitted from inside it, making my hair fly away from my face just a bit, I pulled my zip-up hoodie closer to my body, feeling chills all around me. As the thing landed on the floor and slid just a few meters away Joe's feet, I got a better look at it. It seemed to be a rusty metal hat with wings on the side of it.

"What the hell is that?" Joe said, peering at it.

I look at Thawne who thins his mouth into a straight line. He seemed to have recognized the hat, but he didn't seem to like what it meant. "That's my cue to leave."

He suddenly walked over to Cisco, who at first took a few steps back in fear, but then stood his ground. Thawne stopped just a foot away from him. "Thank you," he gave Cisco a small smile but Cisco, of course, didn't return it. Instead, he looked down at the floor, avoiding eye contact and said, "Don't ever come back."

Thawne doesn't seem insulted by the comment.

He turns and walks past Joe who seems glad that Thawne has nothing to say to him, however, that's unfortunate for me because he seems to want to talk to me.

Unlike Cisco, I don't show my fear by stumbling back. Instead, I hold my ground, even as he stopped just a few inches away from me. Our faces were mere inches apart, I could every pore on his face.

"I know who you are, little demigod. I'm surprised I didn't figure it out sooner," he sneered into my ear. I simply stand there, shocked. "But don't worry, I won't tell your friends. I just wonder how they'll feel once they figure out you've been lying to them. Remember what happened last time they thought you lied to them?"