[29 - Apples?]

Barry

"How did you know I was the Flash?"

"When I brushed your hand tonight, I felt a jolt of electricity. And the only time I have ever felt anything like that was when you were in a coma after the accident, Barry."

"I can only imagine how angry you are," I pace back and forth the room, tapping my fingers against my thighs. My heart was racing so fast, it felt like it was going to burst.

"That's the thing, I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed," she clasps her hands together and looks at me. She sounded exactly like Joe back when we would make trouble as little kids. He'd never admit to being angry, always just disappointed us. "Does Eddie know?"

I hesitated. I contemplated on whether or not I should tell her the truth, but lying would have made matters worse. "Yes, he does," I replied.

She sighs, "Do you think that's why he got kidnapped?"

"I don't know why Wells took Eddie but-"

"Wait, he's the Man in Yellow?" Iris rests her head in her hands, and I can't but feel more guilty.

"Everything Dr. Wells has been doing, helping me, teaching me, it was all a lie. He was the one who killed my mom."

After a pause, tears start to form in her eyes. "Will he kill Eddie?"

My eyed widened, "No! No, I'll catch him and find Eddie."

Iris looks up at me and looks me dead in the eye and continues to say, "That's what the Flash said earlier today. Look where we are now."

"Look, Iris, you got to believe me on this. I wanted to tell you so many times. You were the first person I wanted to tell, for gods sake, but everything got crazy. And then I began to think that Joe was right and I shouldn't have-"

"Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me that my dad knew and told you not to tell me?"

Oh, shit. That was the moment I knew that I messed up. "He was trying to protect you. We both were."

"Well, maybe it's time you both stopped," she snaps at me, making me flinch. Iris takes a deep breath and stands up. She walks out the room without another word.

After a few moments, I turn around to follow her when I notice Cisco, Caitlin, and Percy all standing around the desk, doing a horrible job of pretending that they didn't just listen in on our entire conversation.

---

Percy

"Yeahhh, thanks, I'll get back to you," I say more loud than necessary. I was currently talking to my nonexistent person on the other side of the phone if you couldn't already tell.

"Whatever, I'm going out to look for Eddie." And he rushes out of the room before any of us can stop him. The only indication that he was ever even there was the whirlwind of papers that were now scattered on the floor.

"Well, that was something," Cisco says, setting down the stack of papers he had picked up to act like he was doing something.

"Definitely something, all right," I nod. "Well, anyways, you guys have fun with whatever you're doing. I'm going out."

"Out already?" Caitlin asks, pulling out a container of sliced apples from her purse. "Would you like some apples?"

"Uh, no I'm good. But I'm going to look for our resident detective."

"Resid- oh, Eddie. You must be completely exhausted though since you just got back, don't you think you should rest before you go out again?"

"Yeah, but Eddie doesn't have that kind of time."