[26 - Chaos]

Percy

The bullets shoot past me one by one, and I can feel them whoosh past me, a gust of wind blowing in my face with each bullet. If I don't move, I'll for sure get shot soon.

"Liar," I hear Max say behind me with a low tremble in his voice.

I turned to him to see that he was no longer calm. No longer willing to come with me, just because of these dam cops.

"Are these the friends you were talking about?" He seethes at me. "These cops?" He points at them accusingly and I widened my eyes.

"No! No, it's not like that!" I turned to the cops who were coming closer and closer.

I raise my arms in the air, trying to aimlessly stop them from worsening the situation. "Stop! I'm handling this!" I shouted at them.

The cop who seemed to have led the group opened his mouth to speak but in a quick second, he was slammed against the wall by a stream of water and immediately knocked unconscious. I turned back around to Max who looked furious. His arm was extended, and looking at him, I had no doubt that he'd do the same thing to every cop here if I didn't stop him.

The cops who stayed standing began shooting their guns once again, and I panicked. I thrust my hand out, creating a large shield of water that was big enough to withhold the bullets aimed at Max. Whenever the bullets hit the barrier, they simply dissolved in the water.

Max banged at the water barrier, and I then realized the barrier I created was not only keeping Max safe from the cops, but the cops safe from Max.

My heart kept pounding in my chest, and it felt like it was going to burst. This escalated real bad, real fast.

My arms began to tremble under the weight of holding the shield up.

Another cop stepped out of the crowd and instead of pointing the gun at Max, he pointed at me. He yelled, "Stand down, kid! Don't give us a reason to shoot you too!"

"Sorry, no can do," I gave the man my best lame smile, and my face instantly dropped as I saw a figure move from my peripheral vision. Before I can even turn my neck, I feel a blast of water hit me in the back, and I'm on the floor a few feet away from where I once was.

My back was burning in pain but I managed to groggily stand up with a few stumbles here and there. The first thing I notice is that the shield I created was broken down.

The cops began to crowd around Max, attempting to apprehend him, but of course, it's kinda hard to catch a metahuman. He incapacitates every cop that gets within a few feet of him.

I sighed, knowing I could no longer negotiate with either of them. Using my powers, I created a stream of water that wrapped around Max's body and lifted him in the air. His forehead raised in fear as he was slowly going higher and higher, I called for Blackjack, "Hey, Blackjack, I could really use your help right now!"

He doesn't respond, however, I know he's flying to my aid. With the stream still wrapped around Max, who was currently struggling, I used my other hand to create a small bubble that encased me. The cops attempted to break the bubble, but their attempts were useless. I could hear their muffled yells from behind the bubble but I could tell they weren't saying very nice things.

Within mere moments, Blackjack breaks an overhead window and flies down, his legs galloping in the air. I never did find out why they walk in the air. The last time I asked Blackjack, he gave me a pretty lame answer.

He lands on the floor, and I doubt any of the cops can see who Blackjack really is because they begin to shriek, "Is that a pink pony?!"

While they were distracted, I let the bubble around me drop, and I ran to mount Blackjack. As soon as I do, he begins to fly away before the cops realize we're escaping.