[28 - A Talk About Business]

Percy

From the twenty minutes that I watched from that movie, barely half of it was even accurate. And the fact that the main character's name was also Perseus made the experience ten times more horrible. I didn't even want to think about that movie ever again.

As I exited S.T.A.R. Labs, I made my way towards the nearest park. Somehow, I didn't get lost along the way. I let my legs lead the way, and I miraculously ended up here.

But it was the same park near the pier that Cisco, Barry, Caitlin, and I went to before we got attacked by the Reverse Flash, which sort of sucks. This place brought up unwanted memories but what was I to do about it?

I didn't really feel going through the process of trying to find another place to walk to; I was content right where I was.

I find a bench to sit at, and I wonder whether or not I should go on my phone and play some games, or if I should just relax and live in the moment. I decided on the former.

I don't often use my phone since I'm not used to electronics as well as other teenagers my age, however, that's what you get when you're a demigod. But the few times I do happen to use my phone, I use it for hours since it's so mindlessly addictive. Annabeth is usually the one who has to pull the device out of my hands.

I open one of the little amount of games I have on my phone and I play it for either five minutes or half an hour, it's hard to tell when you're so invested on a game, when a streak of yellow catches the corner of my eye.

My head whips up at the sudden movements and I drop my phone when I realize what, well, who the streak was. The Reverse Flash was running somewhere, but not towards me. I scramble to pick my phone up from the sidewalk when it begins to ring. I take a cursory glance at the screen to see that it's Cisco. I pick it up and our voices overlap while I say one thing and he says another.

"I just saw the Reverse Flash!" And "The Reverse Flash is near you!"

Cisco pauses before continuing to say, "We know, we got the alert right in the middle of an epic fight scene in the movie. Anyways, I don't know what he's up to but Barry will be there in a few seconds. Try to, ya know, hold him off from doing whatever he has in store."

"Gotcha."

I hang up the call, and I begin to run towards where the Reverse Flash seemed to have stopped. I'm not sure why they think I can hold a super-speedster off when he could kill me before a blink of an eye, but I'll try my best.

I don't think he knew I was ever in the vicinity, but this will definitely show him. I raised my arms, a surge of energy coursing through my veins as a bring up a wave of water from the pier.

The park connected to a long walkway which overlooked S.T.A.R. Labs and the pier. There seemed to be a couple in the middle of the walkway, and I knew I had to get them out of danger. As I ran, the water followed. I began to create a rotating shield around me and the couple as I go closer, but I become distracted when I realize who the couple is: Eddie and Iris.

Oh, Styx, this is going to be something. I run on the creaky walkway where I meet them. I hear them talking to me, but I tune them out, trying to focus on the task at hand. The rotating shield around us seems to be going so fast, I didn't even have an adjective to describe how quick it was going.

"Percy?" Iris asked in astonishment but I didn't have time to explain anything to her.

"Long story," I replied, and I kept my focus on the water shield.

The Reverse Flash, going at the speed he was going at, ran towards the shield, unknowing of its strength. When he runs into it, it knocks him backwards in one, swift motion. But he's up in a matter of seconds and angrier than ever.