Martin Zora

Ch-22

"Do you know…. She wasn't the sister of Cedric. We just lied to you to shut your stinking mouth," she said to her shocked Katherine while leaving Jessica dumbfounded.

Katherine didn't expect they were 'lying'. For a second, she was stunned and thought they knew about her. A sly smile formed on her face as she looked at Eleanor. Her sister-in-law was gullible. She needs to show this bitch her place so that she wouldn't disturb her sister-in-law.

[I will watch a drama at the annual meeting. One Wrong step from Jessica Cole, her family would be in shambles. Hehe] Katherine thought evilly.

"Eleanor sis, and Myna sis, Let's leave. Let's not waste our time on unworthy people." Katherine said as she dragged them out after paying for the dress she ruined.

"I am sorry. Because of me, you couldn't buy a dress. I just found out my sister-in-law isn't attending. From the start, this dress belongs to you. Please take it as my compensation," Katherine said as she stuffed the dress and ran away before Eleanor could reject it.

"Katherine….." Eleanor felt chicks cooing in front of her. She didn't expect that this little girl would run away just like that. She didn't even pay for the dress. Sigh… She just hopes that she would meet her again and pay her for the dress.

"This girl is weird," Eleanor muttered.

"Yeah… She is just like a tornado," Myna added.

"Ayyaa…. Shopping is tiring. So much drama for buying a single dress!" Eleanor nodded as she slumped in the car tiredly.

"Anyway… You got a million-dollar dress for free," Myna chirped.

"Let's go," Eleanor said as she saw Jessica coming towards them from the mirror.

The driver started driving as Eleanor. Eleanor was truly tired of dealing with Jessica. She doesn't want to breathe the same air she breathed. After reaching home, she slumped on the bed and slept for an hour. After waking up she ate her lunch and came back to her room. She checked the emails she got on her phone. After replying to them, she closed her phone and checked the time was only 3.P.M. The banquet is at 7.P.M. She had nearly four hours. To reach the venue she needs an hour. Sensing the traffic, maybe she needs one hour. So, she could start getting ready at 4.30.P.M. She asked Myna to come along with her but that heartless woman rejected her ruthlessly. Sigh… And her other friends blocked her after they nearly went bankrupt. From then she stopped approaching them too. Looks like she needs to go alone. In the meanwhile, she decided to visit her brother in the hospital.

She changed into a white T-shirt and blue skinny jeans and tied her hair into a pony. She took a sling purse that could reach her hips hung with a steel chain giving her the vibe of the schoolgirl. She wore a pair of white sneakers and left for the hospital.

Eleanor directly drove to the hospital without the driver. She directly went to the VIP ward, neither nurse nor the guards. No one stopped her. Because they were all used to her presence. Martin Zora, the heir of the Zora empire, got into an accident six months ago. He was severely injured and went into a vegetative state. After his accident, their business started going down. Eleanor's father, Edmund Zora, who retired from his business has to take over the company again. Since it's been a long time and lost touch, the board members went against him. And at the same time, Jacob's betrayal and his harsh blow to the Zora company broke Eleanor completely. Even when they were on the verge of bankruptcy, Eleanor made sure to pay the bills of her brother by selling three cars from the garage for a year completely. So that his treatment won't be stopped at any time.

Eleanor reached his ward. She saw her brother sleeping like a piece of wood without any moment. "Brother, how are you? Do you know a lot has happened since I returned from the vacation?" With that Eleanor started rambling about all the things that happened after the trip. She even said the things that happened in the shopping mall today. She spoke some things she didn't understand in the business and said, "I wish you were there to guide me, brother. Did you not miss me? You are not even waking up. It's been six months. Right after your accident, everything turned upside down brother. I just want you to wake up and be with me. It's tiring brother… without you.

"Brother… Once in a while… I feel… Why am I not the one who got into an accident? If I am the one, then our family would have been good, safe and everything that happened today wouldn't have happened. I just miss you. Could you wake up for me?

"Like before I can't sneak out with you escaping dad's eye to eat the night street food. I can't go out. I have to be wary of every person I meet. Those men in the business field would see me like trash. Their gazes say that 'you woman what could you do here? Go and learn cooking,'. Their judging gazes and few people look at me with desire and lust. I cannot stand them anymore.

"I want to start my restaurant and grow it bigger. Please free me from these disgusting people's clutches brother. I learned cooking to open my restaurant. But… Looks like I have to bury my dreams," Eleanor said as she held his hand in between her palms as she cried. Whenever those men looked at her she felt leeches and bugs crawling over her body disgusting her. She wanted to just get out of their traps. But without her brother waking up, she couldn't do it. After spending some time with him she left as the banquet was going to start sooner.