We need a talk, Cedric

Ch-43

When he realized her words, Cedric laughed out loud at her playfulness. This was her real self which he missed years ago. Wasn't he lucky that he got to see her side again?

Feeling happy… he smiled brightly.

"What shall I do with my adorable wife?" he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"Feed her something. She is hungry," she said with a pout.

"Don't you want to stay in the hospital?" he asked her.

"I did enough for her. Doing more would only increase her arrogance," she replied.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked as he looked at his watch to check the time. He found that it's past eleven in the night.

"There is a night market. Let's go there!" Eleanor said excitedly.

They exited the hospital and entered the car.

"Cedric…" she called out when the driver pulled the car in front of the hospital.

"Hmm?" Cedric responded.

"Let everyone leave." She said, making him frown.

"Eleanor, this ca…" before he could say further, he was cut off by her.

"I want only us tonight," she said with her begging eyes.

The frown on his face wiped off and a smile bloomed on his face. Cedric asked everyone to disappear but little did Eleanor doesn't know that he didn't let the shadow guards leave them.

After a few minutes of settling everything. Cedric started driving the car while Eleanor sat in the passenger seat.

"Umm? That… Cedric… Actually… the thing is… umm…" Eleanor started but she couldn't say things properly.

She doesn't know where to start. She has many things to ask. But she doesn't know how to start and how to present her questions.

"My little butterfly… you don't need to act like a moth being burned in a fire. Just ask me now or after having food," he said to her, making her heave a sigh of relief.

"Butterfly?" She repeated his words.

"You are my butterfly. I want you to fly all over the world the way you want, just like a butterfly does. I don't want you to become a caged butterfly in between these hungry wolves," he said to her, making her pretty little emerald eyes go wide.

"Cedric that…" before she could say something her words were cut off by him.

"How about we find a place to sit down and you can ask me questions? And again, I am asking you… do you want to know things before eating or after eating?" he asked as he stopped the car to the side.

"I want to eat before eating so that I can eat in peace. How about we go to the nearest park? The place would be pretty empty at this time and we can have peace while talking," she said with a smile.

"Sure, as you say," he said to her.

He leaned forward and kissed the crown of her head making her feel secure, safe and the feeling of being at peace. When was the last time she felt at peace?

Maybe before the accident of her brother? Or maybe before the fall of Zora's? Or maybe before her breakup? She didn't remember. All she remembered was she was running here and there to make her company stabilize. And running to the hospital and house to check on her brother.

In the past six months or maybe in her whole life she found peace in his embrace. Who made her feel at peace like this other than him? Her brother. But she has fewer interactions with him as they grew up. Maybe because he got busy with his business and she got busy with studies. But at least they had their bonding that one couldn't shake off. If not, she wouldn't hang on till now. At the memory of her brother her eyes watered. When she saw the side profile of Cedric, she doesn't know why he treated her so well.

"Why do you treat me so well?" she blurted out forgetting that their questioning part was to be done somewhere quiet. And throwing the complete environment into silence. It is a kind of silence that one would feel shivers in his or her spines. Maybe this was what they call dead silence.

---------

Author's Notes:

Don't u think they need a talk? IF so why and about what? If not why?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments. And don't forget to vote.