Accident

Ch-23

Zora Mansion….

5.30. P. M…..

Eleanor was all ready to go to the banquet. In fact, after six months she was attending it, but not as a beautiful vase held by the Zora family but as the representative of the Zora family. She felt nervous, her lips turned pale as she thought about the wolves which were ready to gobble her up in the banquet. She took a tissue paper and cleaned her lips. Her pale pink lips made her look like a ghost awakened from her grave. So, she took a red-blood lipstick and applied it to her lips. After she was done, she gave a complete to herself in the mirror finally before setting off. The driver had already reversed the car, she went and climbed in. At nearly 6.45 P.M. She reached the venue but the long queue of cars in front of her which needed to be cleared was just big. Image big in the sense big!

At 7.05.P.M, The queue cleared and she got the time to park her car. After her car was parked she climbed off and went to the entrance. She saw everyone has a partner while she was alone. So… this was how it feels to be alone. She gave a bitter smile to herself as if she was mocking herself. Eleanor took a deep breath, as she made her way towards the security to pass through. After showing the invitation card, she was guided inside the party with the help of staff. They left her telling her to fend for herself by leaving her alone.

There would be times, where a person would feel alone… even when there were many people around him. That was the moment where a person would see the world as a spectator. Maybe he or she would not need the pity of other persons but a company or precisely a shoulder to lean or hide from the people who hide their beastly self under the human skin.

And exactly these people are blood-sucking vampires in the forms of humans. Just a chance the person with whom you were chatting or laughing right now would suck your blood without leaving a single drop. They won't give you a single chance to get up. Eleanor swept her gaze at the greedy people around her.

Six months ago…. The same people who tried to bootlick her were chatting and laughing but now she has to be in their place. The irony was…. If God wants he would be a beggar, a king and the king as a beggar for his fun. Maybe she was a part of that fun right now. Eleanor closed her and took a breath.

This is it! This is it! She has to smile at these bloodsuckers and show her brightest smile. Before times, she used to attend this party with her brother as his companion for that night. He was there to protect her from the hidden and unhidden lustful eyes. But now… they were staring at her directly forgetting who she was back then. Wait… it's back then, not now. Eleanor sighed at her brazen thoughts. She never gave a damn about those people, but now she has to mingle with them for the sake of her company and her family's future.

Eleanor felt suffocating in this huge place, she missed her brother. His snarky comments, his teasing, their banter, his love, his protection, his possessiveness, his warmth, their childish antics along with his… presence. She missed them all. She wished if only he could wake up then how nice it would be. His wide and broad back gave her a kind of protection that she wished to never come out and face these greedy blood-suckers.

From when these things started? Yes… six months ago. Oh... Wait! Six years ago! Their business was not a big business nor a small business. But they were well enough. Their business could be graded as the A listed business. Five and a half years ago his brother took their business into his hands and developed it. Their business grew with leaps and bounds. Soon… they reached the top five business groups in the country. They reached the top of the cream of the business. As their business grew, their enemies and the jealous people's eyes were also increased. And the Boris empire joined those people.

The Boris groups tried to buy their shares in as many ways as possible but they were rejected or couldn't find a single chance to get them. So… they used Jacob Boris as a trap to trap Eleanor after knowing she had a crush on him for years. But still, Martin didn't let them get their hands on the shares. That's when things started getting worse.

Troubles started popping out of the Zora Empire. Martin became so busy to the point he couldn't even come home to rest. He spent his days and nights in the office.

One day… he finished his work earlier and was about to come home. But he received a call saying that few workers started rioting in the morning and also said that if they don't see the CEO in few hours they would attempt suicide with th gasoline. Martin drove there and cleared the misunderstandings with them. By the time he started his way home, it's already twilight. His eyes started burning due to the lack of sleep for four days, but now he has no choice but to drive. He washed his face with ice-cold water and continued to drive. But all of a sudden an unstable truck came forward and crushed his car. It's a miracle that he was alive after the deadly accident.

Eleanor tried every way to know the truth about his accident, everywhere she went, everyone, she reached out, got disappointed, and gave her cold shoulder. Even the police said it was an accident due to the drunken driver's mistake.

_____

Author's notes:

Please do comment and vote