Chapter 12

Evelyn's pov

"Text me when you get there" Xavier says whilst kissing me on the lips "alright" I walk out of his door and into the car that was waiting to take me to my dads.

Xavier insisted that I get driven there after I declined him for the 20th time on him driving me.

About 12 minutes later we pull up, "we are here miss" the driver says to me "thank you" I jump out of the car and make my way over to the house.

This is the house I grew up in,I love it as it brings me so many memory's. It's a homely 4 bedroom house that is decorated with pictures of me,my brother and my dad.

I swing the door open as there is no need to knock and make my way into the kitchen "dad" I shout,he turns around and pulls me into a massive bear hug,and not a second later I'm pulled away from him and into my brothers arms.

He holds me tight and I wrap my arms around him.

I let go and he looks at me,both my dad and brother tower over me as there around 6'0 and Well I'm nowhere near.

"How are you princess" dad asks "I'm good" he flash me a smile "ok both of you go and sit down food will be ready in a moment."

Me and my brother sit down at the table,he starts to look at me funny "what you idiot" I question,his lips turn up into a smile,but before he could reply dad places a plate in front of the both of us.

He sits down and we all tuck in, "so what have you been up to Evelyn" dad questions "Erm just teaching and hanging out with ruby"

"You have got to bring that woman over soon,my fridge is getting to full I need her to raid it and I miss her" my dad loves ruby like he loves me.

"And you my boy how what have you been doing" dad moves onto Ben.

They speak about Ben and his job for the next ten minutes,until my phone starts to ring,the become silent as I pull out my phone 'Xavier'.

"Erm one second" I stand up and make my way into the living room.

"Hello"
"Are you ok" he questions,with a small bit of panic in his voice
"I'm good"
"Well then why didn't you text me" he questions.

Shit I completely forgot about that!

"I'm so sorry,but I'm alive and well"
"Good,but make sure you text me next time"
"Ok,bye"
"Bye Amore"

I end the phone and make my way back into the kitchen,both my dad and Ben are looking at me expectingly.

Know I could lie and say it was ruby but they can read me like an open book. "Who was that" my dad questions trying to act subtle  "just a friend" I see Ben cross his arms. "Just a friend and what's this friends name" he question,like I said before they are super protective,but I know they mean well.

"Erm,I" He looks at me expectingly "Xavier" I see him and my dad tilt their head "Xavier what" dad asks "Marino" I mumble.

"Do you want to say that again,a bit louder" dad questions "Marino" dad looks like he is about to have a heart attack and Ben looks like he wants to slap me across the face.

"Evelyn,come on" dad says "what" I question acting clueless "you two are for one not just friends are you and for two he runs the mafia do you know how dangerous that is Evelyn" dad says.

"I'm not mad I just want to keep you safe" my dad gets up and pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

I look over towards ben,he is just sat there silent death staring the plate. I understand his anger Xavier is not a good man in general,but he's a good man to me.

My dad lets go and we sit back down.he clears his throat "so Erm how is he treating you" dad questions "good" he looks at me as if to say he wants more information "just like he would want a man to treat me."

He nods his head "Ben say something" I kick him under the table "I swear to god eve if he hurts you I will kill him" eve is the nick name he has had for me since I was 5.

"Ok" I nod my head towards him. "I want to meet him" booth my dad and brother say at the same time.

"Why we aren't dating for anything,his son just likes me a lot" my dad rolls his eyes "but you will be soon,I tell you what not next week the week after you bring him and maybe his little boy if he wants to come for tea and me and Ben will decided if we like him or not" dad says more in a demand than a suggestion.

I nod my head "I will ask"

————————————-
Authors note

Merry Christmas for tommrow and if you don't celebrate Christmas happy Saturday to you for tomorrow❤️