Chapter 18

Evelyn's pov

I'm currently stepping out of the shower whilst 20 million people are waiting in one of Xavier's guest room to get me ready for this ball. I'm really hoping we don't have to be there long,I just know a bunch of rich men in a room is not going to be entertaining, I'm mean unless a fight breaks out.

I throw on a pair black shorts and one of Xavier black shirts, I walk into the guest room and all heads turn to me,straight away I'm rushed to sit down in front of the mirro where a desk has been built which I had no clue we had.

"Mrs Marino" the woman say "oh no, it's miss Peters, but you can call me Evelyn" the woman frowns "oh I'm sorry,I just know what event it is and they tend to only take their wife if there going to properly introduce them" she smiles at me and get started on my make up.

Somebody then starts on my hair,blow drying it and then brushing it. "You should be a model,you are a perfect fit" the lady says to me, I let out a small laugh "oh no,I'm fine right where I am" she lets out a little laugh "well if you ever change your mind,you can get mr Marino to contact me and I will gladly set you up"

I give her a small polite smile and she carry's on, 20 minutes later everybody has done, I've been dressed in this beautiful black dress, it has a deep v neckline along with two high slits that go up to the top of my legs,the top to the middle of my back is out as the straps go around the back of my neck, this is pair with black heals that a definitely going to have me falling over.

I have makeup to match this and my hair is in lose curls, I thank everybody and make my way down stairs to find Xavier, I watch my step as I walk.

When I get down stairs I see Xavier dressed in an all back suit with a belt and a silver chain that is placed around his neck over the collar of his shirt.

Stefano and Lucas are both stood with him,they both have white shirts on. When he hears my heels against the floor he quickly turn around and when he does he instantly freezes.

"Wow,you look" he swallow a lump in his throat "beautiful,amazing all of the above"  he starts to walk towards me "thank you" he grabs my chin to go and kiss me but I slap his hand away "you will ruin my lipstick" he smirks and leans towards my ear "Amore,I will be ruining more than your lipstick tonight"

He pulls away and I stare at him "Xavier we have to go" Stefano says, he pulls away and interlocks Our fingers together and leads me out to the posh looking black car, we get in and he pulls out of the driveway "are Lucas and stefano not coming with use" I question.

"They are in the car behind us" I look behind us and they are in a car like us but behind them there are 2 suvs and when I turn back around there are 2 in front of use.

Xavier places a hand on my thigh, "make sure you stay close to me tonight" I nod my head.

A little while later we arrive at a very tall posh building, we carry on driving underground, and when we get there u see a bunch of black cars but nobody around. "Are we late" I question,Xavier let's out a small chuckle "I arrive when I want to Amore"

He gets out and makes his way round to my side,once he is there he gives me a hand to grab which I do and he leads me into the building, there are men with ear pieces in around us.

We walk in and the room goes silent everybody is staring at us some with shock some with anger and a few with pity, we walk down the steps and everybody turns back to there conversation "we don't have to stay long" Xavier whispers in my ear whilst placing a hand in the small of my back.

We walk further in, for the next 30 minutes Xavier has me glued to his side whilst he speaks to other men and woman.

After a while somebody catches my eyes, he is starting at me and my breath gets Knick out of my chest, this can't be happening, how is he here! He gives me a smirk and starts walking over to us.

"Xavier" I whisper "we need to go" he looks at me with a worried expression, just as he was about to speak a voice interrupts us "my my my is that Evelyn Peters" Xavier's head whips towards him.

"Tate" I nod my head at him "just as beautiful as ever" he eyes Xavier, I can tell he's going to say something that's going to get him in trouble "still being a whore as ever then" Xavier looks stunned that Tate had just said that in front of him "still beating woman as ever"

Now both Tate and Xavier look shocked, I don't think Tate expected me to say something back to him, the last time we was together he used to push me around a bit but then one night he snapped and beat me until an inch of death, but I have got to say he didn't make it out with being bruised and battered as well.

"Wow,still using that lie" oh yeah he likes to manipulate people, he takes a sip of his drink before Xavier punches his jaw so hard that the glass goes flying out of his hand.

He calls over one of his men and instructs them to take him to the warehouse. He grabs my hand and take us to the car "Are you ok" he questions looking worried "yes,just a stupid ex"

"I'll take care of him"