Chapter 6

Jade's POV

"Have you told her?" Leigh Anne asked me as I sat staring at the same email on my computer for about an hour. "Jade? Hello?"

I snapped out of my stare when I saw her hand wave in front of my face.

"What?" I asked, turning my head. "Did you say something?"

"Yes." She sighed. "I asked if you've told her."

"Told who what?" I asked.

"Told the blonde bombshell what you've been staring at your computer thinking about for the past hour. That you've had her baby." She replied, and I gave her a look for the way she said it.

"No, I haven't." I replied.

"Jade, it's been almost two weeks since you found out!" She exclaimed.

"I know. I know. I just—" I sighed. "I don't know."

"You don't know, what?" She asked.

"Anything apparently." I sighed again, raking my hands through my messy curls. "Like, what the fuck? This is crazy."

"Yeah, the whole situation is bizarre. You're not even who you thought you were. You're a fucking soldier?! Seriously?" She whisper-shouted.

"I can't even explain to you how I feel right now." I sighed, yet again. "Up until a couple of weeks ago, this woman was a complete stranger to me. Now I find out we have a baby together. And I think my lying ass husband knows that."

"I definitely understand, hun. I couldn't imagine. Have you noticed him acting any weirder?" She asked.

"The late nights are becoming a thing. And secret phone calls. I feel like he's planning something, but I don't know what. He's worked overnight a few times, and he still won't talk about her. Not even as gossip. But other than that, he's been his normal loving self. It's crazy because now that I know what I know, it actually repulses me how sweet he is." I replied. "I don't want him near Aurora anymore, but it's hard."

"How so?" She asked.

"He has never treated her in any way that would raise concerns from me. That's why I've never questioned him, though I knew deep down that she looked nothing like him. Now I don't even know. I catch myself watching him and the way he interacts with her, and I have to remind myself to stop. I don't know his intentions anymore, Leigh, and it makes me uneasy." I replied. "Does he really love either of us, or is he just a really good actor?"

"I get that. I can't speak for if the love is real or not, but we just found out that he IS a really good actor either way. Also, you need to tell her that she has a baby, hun." She said softly.

"And then what?" I looked at her. "Then I suddenly pull my baby away from the only father she's ever known, and tell her sike. Here's your real father... or mother. Then force her to get to know Perrie. How would I even explain any of that to her? I may be confused, and missing most of my life, but hers has been pretty consistent since she was born and I don't want to confuse her too. Ughh! This whole situation is giving me a migraine!"

"I'm so sorry, babe." She sighed.

"I wish I could just go back to not knowing any of this." I shook my head.

"I know it's like somebody pulled the rug from under you, but maybe that's not for the best. The fact still remains that you're married to a liar, who's clearly keeping something from you, and nobody knows why. You have a history now. You may not remember it, but it's there in black and white. You fought in the damn military for Christ's sake." She said.

"What am I supposed to do with it if I can't remember any of it, Leigh? It's like I'm studying for a history test on myself." I said.

"Piece your story together. I know you had given up on trying to get your memories back, but this is a reason to keep fighting." She replied.