Chapter 15

Jade's POV

"I remembered something!" I jumped up, scaring the shit out of the sleeping blonde laying next to me. "Something big! I think! But I don't know what it means..."

"You did?" Her wide blue eyes landed on me, and she sat up in bed with her hand over her chest.

"I'm sorry I scared you. I just got really anxious." I said.

"I nearly had a hard attack, but it's fine. Don't worry about it." She replied. "Give me just one second, okay?"

I nodded and then she tossed the covers back and got out of bed. I sat there, chewing my nails as I anxiously and nervously waited for her to go to the bathroom. It seemed like she was gone for ages, when I know it was really only a few minutes.

Though she was still wearing only the black bra and briefs she went to bed in, it looked like she'd brushed her hair, and judging by the fresh minty smell when she climbed back in bed and sat back down next to me, she'd brushed her teeth too.

"I'm sorry." She said, turning to look at me. "Okay, what did you remember?"

"A room." I said, my eyes widening as I recalled it again. "A really big room, with a bunch of computers."

"Where?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

"I-I don't know." I replied, sighing a little when I realized it wasn't really big news.

"Like a computer lab?" She asked.

"I'm not sure about that either." I sighed again, looking down. "Maybe?"

"Okay. That's okay." She said softly, probably picking up on my disappointment. "It's good that you remembered something, though!"

"Yeah, but it doesn't get us anywhere." I said quietly. "I woke you up for nothing."

"When did you remember?" She asked.

"I saw it in a dream, and then when I woke up, I remembered it." I shrugged.

"Okay. What color was the room?" She asked.

"I don't know." I replied. "It was dark."

"Chairs or no?" She asked.

"Umm... no." I replied. "Wait... I think there was just one."

"Interesting. So—WAIT!" She said, jumping out of bed again.

My eyes widened.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"Paper! Do you have paper and a pen?!" She asked, looking around the room.

"Yeah, in the closet." I pointed and she furrowed her brows for a second probably wondering why it was there, and then ran over to the closet. "Aurora's school supplies." I shrugged.

She tore open a pack of paper and a pen and leaned over the dresser to scribble something down. I couldn't wait anymore, so I jumped out of bed and rushed over to her, watching her roughly sketch the exact room from my dream.

Seeing it on her paper made me see it in my head again.

"Did it look like this?" She asked, pointing to the sketch.

"That's exactly it!" I pointed. "The lights were off, but every computer had the same screen! It was a blue screen with words on it, but I don't know what it said."