Chapter 13

Jade's POV

"Good morning, Perrie. How are you feeling? How did your X-Ray go?" I asked, stepping into Perrie's room and closing the door behind me. She was sitting up on the exam table, swinging her feet.

"It was okay." She replied with a soft smile. "And I feel alright. What about you?" I shrugged, but then looked at her and sighed. "Uh oh. What happened?"

"Aurora asked about him, and I didn't know what to tell her." I sighed again.

"What did you end up saying?" She asked.

"That he was working late." I said, leaning against the sink and looking at her. "I hate lying to her, Pez."

She sighed. "I get it. Are you still not ready to have that conversation?"

"At this point, how I feel doesn't matter. I need to, and not just because he won't be around anymore. Also because of you. I don't want to keep her from you." I replied. "I would never do that. You deserve to be in her life."

"What is it that you're most afraid of?" She asked.

"Breaking her heart. Or her breaking yours." I replied, biting my lip, and she was quiet for a moment.

"Do you think it would help if you didn't talk to her alone? Maybe we could do it together, unless you think that'll be too much for her." She said. "You know her better than me."

I pushed myself off the sink and sat down to log into the computer.

"Possibly." I sighed, getting back up to check her vitals. "I don't think it would be too much for her. She's really smart for her age, and not shy at all."

"I can be there with you, if you'd like." She said, watching me as I wrapped a blood pressure cuff around her arm.

"I'd like that." I smiled. "I think it would make things a lot easier. When are you free?"

"Whenever you need me to be." She looked up at me and smiled, making me smile too.

When I finished with her blood pressure, she reached up, straightening out my lab coat and playing with the string on my scrubs. I swallowed and then put on my stethoscope to listen to her heart next, ignoring the way the simple gesture made my stomach flutter.

"Your heart is racing..." I said quietly, trying to catch on to the erratic beating in my ears.

"You're very close to me." She replied just as quietly.

I looked at her as she continued to fiddle with the strings on my scrub pants. I felt her tugging lightly on one end of the string, and before I knew it, they were untied. When she licked her lips, I couldn't take it anymore. She's just so damn irresistible.

I put my stethoscope down next to her and stepped in between her legs, leaning down a little to kiss her. I swear she had the softest lips in the world. And they felt so familiar. Her hands were twitching at her sides and it made me smile against her lips. She wasn't sure what to do with them.

Rather than put her hands where I wanted them on my body, I put my hands on her body. First I held the back of her neck to kiss her deeper, then I slid my hands down and squeezed her breasts, earning a very quiet and sexy moan.

She took the hint, but she took it a step further, tugging my scrub top out of my pants and sliding her hands underneath it. My skin tingled under her touch. Her hands slid under my bra, and she cupped my breasts, brushing her thumbs over my hardened nipples, and I just kissed her deeper.

I started biting and tugging on her lip, and slipping my tongue around in her mouth. When I looked down, I could see a bulge forming in her sweatpants, so I reached down and rubbed it, causing her to moan again and throb against my palm.