Chapter 7

Jade's POV

"Wait, where are you going?" Jordan asked as I moved around our bedroom, changing into something comfortable.

"I'm going for drinks with Leigh." I replied.

"Again?" He asked.

"Yes. Is that alright with you?" I stopped and looked at him, feeling more annoyed by the second.

"Why so frequently?" He asked, following me to the bathroom.

I slipped out of my scrubs and tossed them in the hamper, reaching over to turn on the shower.

"Why are you questioning me?" I countered, taking off my underwear next.

He eyed me up and down and I had to fight not to roll my eyes.

"I'm not. It's just you two have been going out a lot recently." He replied, reaching out to touch me, but I stepped away and into the shower.

"This is the second time in two weeks." I deadpanned. "That's hardly a lot."

"Don't you want to stay home with me, and let me..." His eyes rake up and down my body again. "Take care of you?"

I swear he was going to make me physically ill. Still, I had to be a good actor so he didn't suspect that I was on to him.

I forced a smile. "Where's Aurora?"

"Playing with her dolls in her room." He replied.

"Good. Get in here." I said, biting my lip. God, it was so hard to keep this up.

He excitedly hopped out of his clothes and joined me in the shower. Sex with him was the last thing I wanted, but I knew it would shut him up for a while. When we got out, I felt dirtier than I did before getting in. On the inside, at least.

He slipped into his pajamas, looking blissed out like I'd just given him the ride of his life, when in reality all I did was stand there and try not to roll my eyes in his face.

"I'm gonna go make us something quick to eat. Have fun, babe." He said, walking over to wrap his arms around me and kiss me.

"Thank you, baby. I'll be back soon." I smiled, caressing his cheek.

When he left the room, I finally let out that eye roll I'd been holding in. I slipped into a pair of dark ripped jeans, brown Ugg boots, and a cream colored oversized knit sweater.

I combed my fingers through my hair and sprayed on a little bit of perfume. I had no idea why I was doing so much. It's not a date. We're talking, and that's it. When I finished, I walked into Aurora's room.

"Hey, munchkin. What are you up to?" I asked, walking over to sit on her bed.

"Mommy! You look so pretty!" She beamed, jumping up to sit in my lap, and wrapping her arms around my neck. "And you smell so good!" She giggled.

"Thank you, princess." I laughed, tickling her sides and making her laugh even harder.

"I'm playing dolls, mommy. Wanna play?" She looked up at me with those big blue eyes and I was reminded of another blonde.

I looked at my watch, seeing that it was 6:50. I would most likely be late if I didn't leave now, but like I said earlier, these are not eyes you say no to.

"I can play for a few minutes." I smiled and she squealed in excitement.

Spoiled. I know. But she's mine, so I don't care who doesn't like it. I got on the floor with her and played until about 7:15.

"Mommy's gotta go, munchkin." I said and she frowned.

"Where are you going, mommy? Can I come too?" She asked.