Meeting

It was a fleeting moment. One would have looked past it if she had not smiled so beautifully. The dancers in the center of the festival were done performing; by that time, a large crowd had gathered, in awe of the main dancer. As free as a butterfly, she danced with spirit and with elegance. The emperor found the festival to be quite boring, yet he still went to check what had attracted such a large crowd. Late as he was, he still managed to see the beauty that she was.

Upon seeing the emperor, the crowd quickly left to make way for him. The other dancers covered their faces in fear of him. In contrast, she lifted her veil, looked him in the eye, and beamed brightly. The emperor was left speechless. He stared at her, wondering what mythical creature she was. A goddess? A fairy? He waved those thoughts away.

 A goddess? A fairy? He waved those thoughts away

"Your majesty," She bowed. Her voice was clear and beautiful. The emperor was left in awe. His right hand man, the Crimson Knight, noticed the emperor's lack of speech. To prevent this awkward situation from continuing any longer, he quickly ushered him away.

The next day, the knight received a workload much greater than his usual amount.