Happiest Moment of His Life

Years passed since Diana and Claude started living together. Diana was a good potential queen. She used money from her own allowance to sponsor the building of schools and hospitals and orphanages. In her own humility, Diana didn't spend much of her money on herself. It was also due to this humility that Diana insisted that Claude shouldn't instate her an empress. 

"I am but a humble dancer, your majesty. I never intended to become empress by loving you," she told him. 

Diana was a figure who broke all past imperial norms. She was a commoner, didn't have any royal bloodline relations, took the emperor to the countryside, and didn't become part of the imperial family through marriage. On top of everything, she cared for the people of Obelia and through goodwill, made Obelia a better place. Claude took care of international affairs, while Diana focused on domestic improvements. 

Claude loved Diana. He let Diana do what she wanted; Diana was never bound by the rules of the palace. Diana and Lillian grew close and the two could be seen in public on occasions when Diana is inspecting public facilities or watching a show. Diana and Claude lived happily together. 

***

"Urgh..." Diana woke up to the sun in her eye. She usually never slept to this late in the day. Diana felt a strange sensation from her throat down to her legs. It was strange, for she didn't engage in much physical activity the day before. It must be just some arbitrary aches, she thought. However, the next day she woke up with the same strange sensation, this time coupled with a nauseous feeling. Lillian noticed how Diana was barely eating any of her breakfast, so she called down the doctor. 

"How is my lady, doctor?" Lillian asked nervously. The doctor fumbled around before exclaiming, "Congratulations! Oh, my lady, I'm so happy to be the one to tell you that you have a baby growing inside of you!" 

Both Diana and Lillian gasped. Around the three people, the maids also heard the news and came running to Diana's side. 

"Seriously, doctor? I'm pregnant?" Diana's hands flew to her mouth. So this was the reason behind the aches and the nauseous feeling! A small bubble of excitement was growing and growing before finally bursting. Diana was so happy she had tears in her eyes. She laughed with her maids as they continued asking the doctor questions. The room was filled with a rosy spirit. 

"My lady, my lady! You should go tell his majesty about this news!" One of the maids suggested. "Alright!" Diana exclaimed as she got up from the couch and practically skipped to the gardens, where Claude was currently at. 

"Your majesty!" She exclaimed. She wanted to run to him but reminded herself that she was now with child. Diana walked to Claude with the upmost elegance with a beautiful smile on her face. "I have something to tell you." 

As Diana told him, Claude widened his eyes

He wrapped his arms around her as Diana's laugh could be heard throughout the palace walls. 

It was the happiest day of Claude's life