Teasing Confession

"Your majesty, aren't you hot?" It was a peculiarly hot day, and Claude was outfitted in layers of formal wear, as he had just departed from a meeting.

"I can handle it." He replied. "I've had to wear even more layers while in the middle of the desert in Parodia before. Believe me, this is nothing compared to that experience. Most of the other kings and rulers were red in their faces, especially the ones from up North."

Diana laughed heartily. "But your majesty won't mind the gift I prepared for you?" "You prepared a gift?" Diana gave Claude her cheeky smile and led him to the dressing room. In it, Claude found a set of robes designed for him, with its color scheme similar to the one Diana was wearing right now. Its outline was simple, but the top part was folded and tucked in snugly, allowing air to pass through easily. It was perfect to wear during the warm days of Obelia, since it was never cold. "Try it on your majesty!"

Claude emerged from behind the folding screen. As expected, the robes looked splendid on him and exposed more of his white skin. "How do I look?" Diana replied, "Amazingly handsome," while trying not to stare at him. Usually, the robes would be tucked in at the back, but Claude tucked them in a bit too early, which exposed his entire torso. Diana fumbled with her words.

"Err.. uhm, so, since it's always so hot, I thought I would get you some clothes that are in the Siodonnan style. Robes allow the body to have breathing space, and its fabric easily allows air to pass through, so it would be perfect for the hot weather." Diana said.

She paused, waiting for Claude's response. Hopefully Claude didn't feel uncomfortable in his new clothes. But, Diana was sure Claude would be the gentleman that he was and thank her for her gift.

"Thank you, my lady, for your thoughtful and wholesome gift. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and it will be cherished for as long as I live." Claude picked up her hand, bent down, and pressed his lips on it. He looked up with a small mischievous smile.

This was unexpected. A flustered Diana could be seen struggling to come up with the correct words.

"Y-you're welcome...I'm not sure what to say to this gesture." In all the months Claude knew Diana, it was the first time he's seen her at a loss for words. He liked seeing her face so red, and liked even more how he was the cause for it. He decided to tease her a bit more.

"My lady always looked so beautiful in her robes, I am most honored to have this gift given to me. I am even more pleased that we are wearing matching colors."

... Was he deliberately teasing me? Diana thought. Does he already know about my feelings for him? He knows I like him? In a flash, Diana spurted out,

"Alright your majesty, since you already know, I suppose I'll just say it to your face. I like you!" She gave another one of her cheeky smiles, then ran out of the palace, fast and free as the wind, leaving a dumbstruck Claude in her dust.

What did she just say? Claude covered his blushing face.

"She always wins."