Heartfelt Confession

"AAAAAH"

Diana screamed inwardly as she made her way back home in the day. "What have I done? I just told the emperor of Obelia that I had a crush on him? This was not in my place to do!! Stupid Diana, stupid!" She slammed her door behind her and flopped onto her bed. Immediately after, she left her house and ran ten laps around the bakery down the road. The people who were out watched her zoom around the bakery and chuckled to themselves. Diana returned to her house, exhausted. Only then was she content.

"How do I face Claude the next time I see him?" She sighed. "I'm already here." "Your majesty!" Suddenly, Claude was right in front of her. He still stood in his Siodonnan attire, and was staring intensely at her. Diana blushed profusely. "What are you doing here? This is in the public! People are watching!" Diana ushered him into her small home.

"...." Diana turned her head away from Claude, refusing to speak to him. "Why are you avoiding me? You were so straightforward a few moments ago. What have I done to deserve such silent treatment from the woman who claims she likes me." Claude scoffed.

He watched Diana fumble with her fingers. As much as he wanted her love, he didn't want to experience the same pain of loss. To humans, the heaviest burden to ever bear is loss. Claude experienced it countless times. Again, he felt the same fearful sensation rise in him. A dark feeling was arising in him, taking control of him.

"Seeing how you are speechless right now, I can only assume that you didn't mean what you said back there." He said coldly. "I should've supposed so. I know what Felix told you; he told you about my past. You must think I'm a child deprived of love, you must think I would do anything to feel love." Claude glared at her. "I don't need your love. Use it on another fool."

Stop, Claude told himself. You're hurting her, you're saying things you don't mean. But instead of apologizing, Claude had sunken deeper in his past trauma.

"Do you see me only as emperor?" He asked the hard-willed girl in front of him. "Do you love me or pity me?" He grabbed her hand. "Are you going to use me for your own good? Are you going to leave me once you achieve your ambitions?!" Claude was shouting at Diana, but his body was trembling.

The grip on Diana's hand was firm, but Diana didn't feel any pain. She knows Claude loves her, just as she loves him. I want my majesty to be free, she thought.

"Claude, stop!" Diana rose and clasped her hand on his. "We've been friends for so long, of course I love you. I love you so much I like you! I want us to be together, Claude. I love you for you are a strong and direct emperor. I love you for you are a caring and gentle man. I love you for you are someone I can speak with regardless of our stature. I love you for you're such a strong person to overcome your past adversities. Please, Claude. My love for you is not for any personal gain. My love is for cherishing you. Claude, your majesty, are you listening to me?"

Claude was listening to her, wide eyed. He felt as if he had just awoken from a terrible nightmare, as if he'd been freed from his shackles. He collapsed onto Diana, embracing her gently. "Leave," he spoke. Your words surely don't match with your gestures, Diana thought.

"No matter how much my majesty tries to push me away, I won't leave." Diana said. "For I am your woman."