Our child

**This chapter takes part after Claude rescues baby Athanasia from drowning in the manhwa

An agonizing pain has been bothering Claude all day ever since he rescued Athanasia from the lake. It was as if a force was ripping his brain apart. He wanted to stop the pain. He would do anything to stop it. Claude walked over to his cabinet and got out a multitude of alcohol. He drank a significant amount of it, in hopes of numbing the pain. 

After a period of time, Claude began to feel drunken. He sat lazily on his couch as his eyes began to close. The pain started to subside. Strange, Claude thought. How did the alcohol help this much? Suddenly, he felt a presence in the room. A blurry golden figure with a hazy purple aura started to take shape in front of his eyes. As his jewel blue eyes started to focus in on this figure, he realized that this figure looked very familiar to him. 

Slowly, fragments of his memories started to come back. 

"Thank you for inviting me to your palace."

"My majesty was looking like a lost boy. I thought I must come here and greet him."

"I love you, Claude."

"Even if it costs me my life, I wish to protect this child."

"Athanasia...."

...What? Claude stared at the figure in front of him. The child he rescued today, Athanasia, looked like a miniature version of her. Light came to her purple eyes, her mouth formed into a cheeky smile. Claude's mouth uttered out a name he had etched deeply in his heart. "Diana?" 

The woman in front of him looked as if she was about to cry. "My love!" She cried. 

Her voice was so familiar to Claude's ears. It was the voice he had been longing to hear for the past years, he realized. A voice he memorized in his mind. Claude stretched out his hands to hug her. He wasn't sure if this was an illusion or reality, as the alcohol fogged his mind. Still, he rushed towards her, expecting to hold a warm body. But just as his hands touched her, she dissipated into thin air. His hands came back to his own body, empty and devoid. 

"Don't go!" He said. But she was gone. Claude fell back onto the couch. He remembered everything so crystal clear now. The person he has been waiting for all this time was Diana. His lover. Even though she was long gone, Claude was still unwilling to let her go. She stayed. She kept her promise to him. 

"Take care of our child, my love." He heard. 

Claude laid back on the couch, his eyes closing. "If you care so much about the child, how about you come back and take care of her yourself." He replied before saying, "Fine. I'll take care of her." 

The next morning, Claude woke up after having the best sleep in a few years. He had no hangover despite drinking alcohol. A mysterious purple aura was left in his room. Perhaps the lady visited Claude again in his sleep. 

Whatever the case was, he missed her. She was his star in the empty abyss. But now, he had to visit his daughter. 

Hi guys! Creator here. I only upload my story, Memories of the Beautiful Past on wattpad.com. I've noticed copies of my story elsewhere, so make sure you only read Memories of the Beautiful Past on wattpad!