I'll be by your side, always

"I died, didn't I?" Diana wondered. "What's the situation here then?" 

The serene spirit of the deceased lady found herself above a sea of pristine memories. According to ancient Obelian scripts, once a person passes, they will be reincarnated. However, in rare situations, the spirit will only be partially reincarnated, with half of the soul coexisting with another soul. The other half will be left behind as an intangible spirit, watching over one's past attachments. These rare occurrences only happen when the deceased had too strong of a wish to stay behind, perhaps for a specific goal or for a specific person. 

It must be my wish, Diana thought. She promised Claude to never leave him. She won't leave him. 

Diana dipped her toes into the sea of memories. At once, she felt a wave of emotions rush into her. She sank even deeper, bathing in the feelings she felt when she was alive. She had submerged into the sea of Claude's memories. There, she will always be with him. For as long as he remembers her, she'll be with him. 

She'll be with him until he's ready to move on. Then, Diana will be able to rest in peace and reincarnate into another soul. She'll be content.