I'm the only girl with Alpha blood

I'd love to thank

smilieyniknik

for the amazing new cover and the one on the side -----> Doesn't the two stick men on the shoes remind you of Red and Parker?

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

"Red, you're late!" Zane hisses when I jump out from the tree barrier and into our secret meeting clearing.

"Yeah, sorry Stone, that stupid mutt in math class stopped me." I spit. His name's like a curse word to me now.

"Mutt?" One of the guys, Dylon Preston, asks while raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's why I called the meeting up. There's a new pack in town." Zane says, looking at the group in front of him.

We're at least thirty wolves, a beta and an Alpha. Twenty nine guys, one girl, and that's only from grade seven to grade twelve. Our pack's big, but that includes everyone; moms, dads, babies, kids, college students and what not.

"I thought I smelt something weird in the halls." Kyle Mitchell, a grade niner, says while wrinkling his nose in the process.

"Yeah, I had two in my english class, one guy, one girl." Justin says with a huff. "Couldn't get their sent out of my nose for the next few hours."

"I had one in my math class, that's who you must be referring to, right Red" Jesse looks at me for a second before turning to face everyone else.

"Yeah. I forget his name though, frankly I don't care, I don't like him." I wrinkle my nose in disgust in the memory of the encounter in the hallway.

"Speaking of, why is there an unknown smell all over you Red?" Colton asks me, sniffing the air.

"Because, the idiot wouldn't let me pass him, so I kinda had to teach him a lesson. Oh, who has a locker near the janitors' closet close to the cafeteria?" Cole raises his hand. "Sorry Canberg, there might be a dent in your locker." I say scratching my head.

"Red, what the hell did you do?" Zane asks me in a menacing tone.

"Hey, I warned the guy, he didn't listen." I put my hands up in surrender.

Zane growls. "Whatever, just stay on guard guys, and Red, and tell me how many you guys see during the day so we can try and figure out how big their pack is." Zane says in an Alpha-like tone.

"Do they know who we are?" Michael Price asks.

"I don't know. I think they know we're strong, because when what's-his-face walked into our math class, he was nervous after making eye contact with us." Jesse says.

"Just stay on your toes today, alright guys?" Everyone nods, and one by one we all stand up to leave. I hear the bell ring, signalling the end of lunch.

"Damn, I'm going to be hungry for the rest of the day now." Jesse grumbles from beside me.

"Tell me about it."

* * *

It'd been a stressful day after the meeting.

I had counted five wolves from the other pack; three boys and two girls.

Missy and Kristen had my head too, because I'd "up and disappeared" at lunch today "without telling them where I was going." That would have been weird. "Hey guys I'm just going in the forest to have a secret pack meeting about this other wolf pack, don't hold up!" Yeah, not really.

Now, I'm seated on the very comfortable sofa doing math problems when my phone begins to ring

I fish through my leather jacket's pocket and pull out my black Black Berry Pearl. I check the caller ID and frown in confusion. "I swear I didn't take your baseball." I blur.

"What? Red what are you talking about, I-what? You're confusing me..." Zane says from the other line.

"Oh, well you only call when I'm in trouble so I just assumed...never mind. What's up?" I say with a nervous laugh. Smooth Red.

"Oh, well we figured out who the other pack is, and what they want." Zane says.

"Um, okay. Why are you calling me to tell me this?" I ask a bit confused.

"Well, I'm guessing you didn't get the memo about there being a meeting after school with the whole pack. I told Canberg to tell you, but obviously he forgot." Zane says with a huff.

"Oh...yeah I actually didn't get the memo. Sorry Stone, I wouldn't miss it on purpose I swear."

Zane chuckles. "I know that, so that's why I'm telling you. So the pack is Redrock, you know who that is right?"

"Yeah, 'course." I say absentmindedly.

Redrock pack is the second biggest pack in the USA, what they are doing here, in Arizona, is beyond me. They were also in a war with our pack like a hundred years ago or something. They lost, which is why Bluemoon is the strongest pack. They're also our worst enemies; not because we hate them (we hate other packs in general) but because they are second place and we never know if they want to take first from us.

"Right, well they want to join the packs to fight off a bunch of rogues who are apparently bigger and stronger than any existing pack." Zane says with a nervous voice.

"Alright, but wait. That doesn't make sense, isn't the only way to join two packs is to have a mating ceremony?" I ask.

"Yes."

"But, both Alpha's son's are guys, and you're not gay, right?"

"Yes, both are boys and no I am not gay."

"But you don't have a sister. Does Redrock have a girl with Alpha blood in them?"

"No."

"But that would mean-" Realization washes over me.

"Yep." Zane says with a sigh.

"I'm the only girl with Alpha blood."