Who are you, my dad?

Chapter 20

I sit on my bed, observing my biker gloves. "I actually liked these ones." I say to myself as I ponder on if there is a chance I might be able to save them.

My door bursts open and Jesse walks in like he owns the place. "Hey Red, can I talk to you for a-...wow, what happened to your gloves?" Jesse asks, pointing to the thing in my hand.

I look down at the gloves and sigh sadly. The knuckles are ripped and there is blood everywhere. The cuff is ripped too and there are multiple holes everywhere.

"I punched Taylor in the face one too many times."

"Uh...why?" Jesse asks, eyeing me warily.

"Well, I figured out he was the one who ratted me out." I tell Jesse while I look up at him. Why is he here? I don't want to talk to him.

"Oh...wait. He was the grey wolf?" Jesse roars with a new found anger.

"Yup." I say, popping the P. "And you can go now, by the way. There is nothing to talk about. Shoo fly." I say, nodding towards the door.

"What? Red wait let me-"

"Nope." I say popping the P once again.

"Red, please just-"

"Nu-uh."

"Don't be such a-"

"Leave...now. This is your last warning." I glare at him, ignoring the hurt in his eyes.

Without a word, Jesse turns and leaves my room, slamming the door in the process.

I fall back onto my bed and sigh angrily. "I hate my life." I mumble to myself before falling asleep, ignoring the fact that I have a mountain full of homework due this week.

* * *

A week has passed, a week of secrets, evil smiles, bloody noses and avoiding Jesse.

After the scene in my room, Jesse and I haven't spoken to each other and the sluts love me for it. But I really don't care about that, what I'm freaking out about is the fact that I am pretty much throwing my life out the window tomorrow and I can't do anything about it.

Seriously, I've tried everything; begging, lying, bluffing, running away, attempt murder (I didn't actually follow through with the plan) and everything in between. The twins and Meredith are still at my house, and many times I've seen Matt walk by my window at night.

I'm in my room now; Missy's snoring is the only thing I can hear. That, and the gentile breathing of my other friends and the wind howling outside. The trees seem like their dancing and it feels like they are mocking me, as if saying we might be tied to the earth but at least we're free. It sickens me.

I groan and roll over in my bed for the thousandth time tonight. It's past midnight, and I'm wide awake and definitely not from excitement. I'm worried and scared and angry because I feel like a hopeless princess who can't escape her frikin tower, and knows damn well no Prince Charming is doing to fight off the evil dragon, in this case a wolf, to save her.

I toss and turn all night, only getting a few hours of sleep here and there but even I know it's hopeless to have a good night sleep, not when you're destined to marry a monster the next day.

* * *

Missy, Kristen and Meredith left hours ago to go back home to their families. I don't want them to be here when my life comes crashing down, I don't want them to see me in my state. I refuse to shed a single tear, even if all I want to do is curl up in a dark hole and cry 'till my eyes are dried out.