A what?

Chapter 13

Monday morning was a bore and also slightly horrible. It wasn’t because of Jesse, or Zane, or any of the other guys. It wasn’t even mutt’s fault, but I was stuck with the only person I could barely tolerate. Taylor Clift.

He was in every single one of my classes and a couple times a day I would forget and my nose would suffer for it.

I had study hall first thing, so I knew what was coming...okay, not exactly. I didn’t think he was going to sit with us again!

Missy and Kristen sat with me again which in turn meant they sat with the guys. Not even Cole pretended to hide his annoyance when Taylor walked through the door and sat with us. Missy kept flirting with him for the longest time, but Taylor didn’t really notice.

The whole time he kept stealing glances my way, and by the end of the day, when I had English last thing, I snapped.

“Would you quit staring at me? It’s freaking annoying!” I whisper yell at him.

Taylor’s cheeks turn pink and he looks at his palms. He sits right beside me in this class, and my nose is ready to commit suicide this very instant. “I’m sorry, it must be subconscious. I don’t actually know I’m looking at you—”

“Staring.” I correct him.

“Right, sorry. Well, I don’t know I’m doing it until I catch your eye, and I can’t seem to stop looking at you.” Taylor admits a little sheepishly.

If I were a giddy girl like Missy, I would have probably been flattered, but since I grew up around a bunch of boys who only complimented on my possibly broken arm (that they had caused) I reacted a little differently.

“What am I, a painting in an art gallery? I’m not some show case that is meant to be stared at.” I hiss at him. The teacher is still blabbing about something, but I can’t exactly make out was he is saying.

“Oh, I—I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you, I was just—”

 “Save it, I really don’t care.” I say, cutting him off. “Just remember, you’ve been warned, and if I catch you “looking” again, I won’t be so nice.” I hiss before completely ignoring him, or as much as I could because his stench was really starting to piss me off.

*   *   *

I'm listening to Jesse’s IPod (which I stole this morning) while sitting on the wooden bench in front of our school, waiting for Jesse himself to shower me with his oh-so-charming presence. I waited two full songs until I fell a presents beside me. I open my eyes, but I knew who it was going to be before.

I could literally smell him from a mile away, even if I didn’t want to.

I pull out Jesse’s skull candy ear buds which are blasting Swingby Savage. “Can I help you?” I ask in an annoyed tone.

“Oh, uh, I wanted to ask you something.” Taylor says without looking at me. He has found a sudden interest in the ground beneath his feet.

“If you’re gonna ask about homework, don’t bother because I won’t be able to answer you.” I tell him, already tempted to just ignore Taylor and place the ear bud back in my ear.

“No, nothing to do with homework, it’s just I wanted to ask you if—” Someone comes up beside me and slings their arm around my shoulder. I instinctively grab hold of the hand that is hanging loosely on my left shoulder.

“Who’s this Red?” Jesse asks me.

“Oh, this is Taylor, you met him in my study hall class. You had a nose spasm before he walked in, if that rings a bell hon.” I say with a smirk. Jesse glares at me and my smirk widens.