Anytime, oh mighty Alpha

Chapter 16

“Parker, can’t we talk about this?” I ask in a calm voice, but on the inside I’m freaking out.

He growls at me and takes a step towards the tree I was in.

“Okay, I know you’re mad, pissed actually, but you’re kind of scaring me.” I whisper and try to shrink farther into the tree.

Jesse’s eyes are blacker than ever, and he growls and snaps at me. We’ve fought, but never life this.

Jesse growls again and head-butts the tree I am clinging for dear life to.

The tree shakes violently and I almost lose my balance.

“Okay, I know you’re pissed but is knocking me out of a tree going to help anything?” I gulp, all of the sudden not liking my plan for revenge anymore, and hating the guys right now for forcing me to get Jesse here. If I die, I am so haunting them.

Jesse snarls and head-butts the tree once again and I hear something snap. I yelp in fright as the tree begins to fall forward, bowing to gravities will.

Fuck you gravity.

I jump to the next tree before I fall too and possibly become either A) a pancake or B) wolf food.

“Is this really necessary? Do you have to kill me?” I screech, but not out of anger. This is not fun and games anymore.

In response, Jesse snarls again and pounces on my new life raft, making it shake uncontrollably and I almost fall off again.

I begin to panic and jump to the next tree with haste. In my rush, I miss the branch with me feet and catch with my hands by reflex, forcing myself to swing forwards because of the speed.

I swing from tree to tree, sometimes landing on a branch in a crouched position while running away. Despite the situation, I laugh at the Tarzan scenario I’m reliving and understanding why Tarzan never actually left the jungle, it’s way too much fun.

I must have been too care free because my joy is cut short when something, or someone bites my ankle (definitely someone) and  pulls me down, hard. I land face first, doing a slight belly flop on the dirt floor. Pain shoots up my leg and I hiss, yeah, ouch.

I twist my body so I’m facing Jesse’s wolf’s muzzle face-to-face, and his cold, hard, black eyes stare at me with hatred. It’s then that I realise something: Jesse isn’t there anymore, so to speak. His wolf has taken over, consumed in anger and embarrassment, and the black wolf is merciless.

My blood runs cold as panic starts taking over my system once again. I’m scared, more scared than I’ve ever been in my life, and I can’t seem to even find the strength to push this wolf off me. I’m a sitting duck under him, a bloodbath just waiting to happen.

I open my mouth and try to say something, anything to convince the death machine over top of me to move, but no sound comes out.

I feel pathetic and weak, helpless and scared. 

Jesse snaps at me, his mouth too close to my face and I can feel his hot breath blowing on me.

My blood begins to boil, and my fear washes away, replaced by anger. Why am I letting this happen? If I’m going to die, I’m going to put up a fight.

I growl at him, and shift into my half-and-half form, adoring the feeling of being a wolf, even if it’s only half way. Jesse tries to bite me again, but I punch him in the face. I might be pinned to the ground, but my arms are still free.