Love you too

Chapter 9

Matt didn’t forget about our little encounter in the woods the other night, and he wouldn’t stop reminding me about it during math class.

“So Tyra, do you enjoy the woods?” Matt asks me with a smug smirk on his face. From the corner of my eye, I see Jesse stiffen.

“As a matter of fact, I think you should shut up before you say something you just might regret.” I respond with a glare.

“Oh I see, you only like the woods when someone’s with you, right” Matt laughs humourlessly while he looks directly at Jesse. Zane looks at the scene with a confused expression. Just perfect.

“Shut the fuck up Matt, or I swear you’re going to regret ever saying something in the first place.” It takes everything in me to control myself and not pound him in the face with my full strength.

“Tyra, were you embarrassed to be caught—” I don’t let him finish.

I pull back my fist and punch Matt in the nose with only a fourth of my strength. I hear a crack and blood starts to spill out of Matt’s nose like a waterfall.

“Red!” Jesse and Zane exclaim at the same time while they grab hold of my arms so I don’t do anything else that could possibly blow my cover. They know me too well, because I was just about to give him a black eye.

“You broke my fucking nose!” Matt screams at me, voice full of agony.

I smirk at him, “Yeah, well you deserve way more than that.” I tug on my arms again, almost causing Jesse to lose footing and fly forward.

“Miss Red, Principals office this instant!” Mrs. Young screeches at me.

“I’ll bring her Mrs. Young, just so she doesn’t sneak away.” Jesse says while gripping my arm tighter so I don’t actually escape.

Mrs. Young’s face softens instantly when she looks at Jesse. Wow, she really does hate me. “Jesse, how sweet of you, that would be greatly appreciated.”

Jesse nods and tugs me to the door. Zane lets go of my arm and I don’t dare look back at Matt because he’s probably smirking like crazy right now.

When we’re out of the classroom, the door firmly closed behind us, Jesse pins me against the wall on the opposite side of the classroom, out of view.

“What the hell was that Red? What have I told you? You can’t show strength like that in front of the humans, at that mutt more than anyone. You have an image to uphold and tearing it apart will only hurt you, and the Alpha’s pride, got it? So start acting like a girl for once in your life.” He hisses while pushing me against the wall again when we pulls away.

I glare at Jesse for a good twenty seconds before using my full strength to punch him the stomach, since his face is too pretty to break.

He goes flying and hits the wall right before crumbling to the floor in pain while he clutches his stomach. I can feel my wolf wanting to rip something to shreds, but I push her down. Not now, not here, I tell her.

With my anger still at its peak, I walk up to Jesse and crouch down beside him. I whisper in his ear: “I can find my way. You shouldn’t have tested me.” I get up again, glance at Jesse and shrug, not feeling any pity or remorse while I walk towards the principal’s office for the millionth time in my life.

Screw bad-ass, I’m the fucking devil.

*   *   *

“You did what to your boyfriend and classmate?” Kristen exclaims, slamming her milk on the table which causes little white droplets to jump out and land on the table. Missy and Meredith’s jaws are touching the floor and I smirk slightly.

“I punched Parker in the gut, and mutt in the nose. They both deserved it.” I say with a shrug. Okay, so maybe Jesse didn’t actually deserve it, but Matt sure did.

 I’m sitting with only the girls today, because of mine and Jesse’s heated argument. From the corner of my eye, I can see the guys glancing at our table every few minutes, every single one of them except Jesse, who is still holding his stomach.

“How could someone deserve a broken nose and internal bleeding?” Missy asks me while looking at Jesse with pitying eyes.

I shrug, “They both pissed me off. Mutt; not shutting up about when he caught me in Jesse in the forest—don’t even ask.” I put my finger up before Missy can ever utter a single word. “And Parker drove me off the edge by telling me not to punch people who piss me off.”

“Which clearly you didn’t listen to.” Meredith mutters.

“It’s too bad you have to ride home with him.” Missy points out with an evil grin.

I hit my head with my hand. “Crap, I totally forgot about that. Missy, can I ride with you?” I ask her.

“Ha, no way. I feel like being a bitch, and it’s my turn to drive today, so don’t even look at Kristen.”

I sigh and glance at Meredith. She shakes her head no. “Sorry, they’re my ride, remember?” She says.

“It’s weird how you’re a year older than us, and yet we need to drive you.” Kristen says in an ironic tone.

“I hate you guys so much right now.” I say after smashing my forehead onto the table at least seven times, getting many curious glances from around me.

“Love you too!” They all chant together.