No, don't!

Chapter 27

Matt looks surprised but quickly recomposes himself and places his signature smirk, which I’ve learn to hate, on his face.

“Tyra, do you think we’re a bunch of weaklings? Your small gathering is nothing compared to the rogues. And to think your pack had over one hundred wolves in it.” Matt shakes his head in mock disappointment. A wolf behind me growls and Matt glares in the direction.

“I’m not that stupid, these are some of the upperclassmen, no offence to Canberg or anything, so obviously we’ve got another group around here somewhere.”

‘Should we bring them in?’ Zane’s voice echo’s in my head.

‘I don’t know; ask your dad, he’s the Alpha.’ I reply without turning around.

“No matter, we can kill you either way.” Matt looks at the grey wolf beside him and nods. The wolf throws his head back and howls. I cringe slightly but stand my ground while I expect the worst.

‘We’re bringing them inwe might want to bring the back up for the back up.’ Zane comments.

‘There’s a back up for the back up?’ I ask eyeing Zane like he’s mad.

If wolves could grin, I’m pretty sure he’d be doing that right now. ‘Yeah, with Mitchell and a few of the newbs. So we’ll have quite a few people here.’

Before I can answer, I hear from a distance footsteps pounding, as if a herd of elephants were coming towards us, but I know better, I know it’s the rogues.

All the wolves go into a defence stance, and Jesse places his body in front of mine.

I frown at him, not liking his new protectivness ‘What are you doing?’ I ask him.

‘Protecting you, I am your mate after all.’ Jesse point out. How I love hearing the words your and mate in the same sentence.

‘Well I can fight, you of all people—’

‘No, I am the guy here and this guy is going to protect the love of his life.’ Jesse states.

I soften up immediately when I hear those words come out of his mouth, or in this situation, brain.

‘Fine, but you can’t keep me out of this fight.’

‘I know.’

‘Good.’ I say with a nod.

The smell of blood, sweat and decay fills my nose as over thirty huge grey wolves emerge from the trees. I said I was to expect the worst, but this was pretty bad. All of them have either red or black eyes and some are even tainted with blood from human to wolf to bear (yes, bear) and any other mammal you can find in the woods. They are huge, not as big as a male Alpha, but pretty damn close. I could see their muscles from under their fur and I hate to admit it, but I'm a little scared though I refuse to show it.

Jesse, seeming to sense my discomfort, growls at the large group of rogues. A few  wolves from behind me follow Jesse’s growling method. Two brown wolves, one darker and larger than the other, come to step beside me. I know its Zane and his dad and I’m kind of glad they’re taking the spot light.

“Aw, Tyra you don’t want to play leader anymore?” Matt teases smugly.

Jesse and Zane growl at the same time and I smirk at Matt. My boys always have my back.

‘When is Canberg gonna get here?’ Jesse demands. I shoot him a glare but he doesn’t seem to notice.

‘Soon Parker, calm down we can handle this, right Red?’