Okay, well it kinda goes like this...

Chapter 5

"Red, I know you're mad but--" Zane starts, but I quickly cut him off.

"What, mad? No I'm not mad, I'm furious!" I scream in the phone.

"I know Red, I know. But hey I've got some good news." Zane offers.

"Oh, it better be that I can smash that mother fucking Alpha's sons face in because that's what I'm going to do in the next five seconds." I growl angrily.

"Okay no listen Red."

"One."

"'Kay no Red stop counting, seriously you're taking this way too far." Zane says in a scared tone.

"Two."

"Red! Shut up and just sit down." Zane says again.

"I am sitting down. Three." I say between clenched teeth, my hand is gripping the sofa's arm so hard that my knuckles are white.

"Red, not many people know our pack has a girl in it, they think we're all guys." Zane says.

My grip immediately loosens and I straighten my back. "Oh, so then how can they merge our packs into one?" I ask.

"Well, you remember the guy from math class? The guy you smashed into the locker?"

"Yeah, the mutt. What about him?" I ask.

"Turns out, he's Alpha's son." Zane mumbles.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I lean my forehead onto my open palm and shake my head back and forth.

"Yeah, kinda sucks. So anyway he's saying that you're in our pack. What they don't know is that you have Alpha blood, but that stunt in the hall was pretty convincing. And yours is stronger since your grandparents were both Alpha's." Zane says with a sigh.

"Oh, well I refuse to marry some jerk who can get beat-up by a girl and won't even let me turn seventeen. I refuse!"

"Okay yeah I know your mad Red, but my dad is trying to convince the Alpha of Redrock that you just hang out with us, a lot because..." Zane mumbles something that I can't catch.

"Excuse me, what?" I ask Zane who is silent on the other end.

"Please don't come over here and murder him okay, do you promise me that?" Zane says in a desperate tone.

"Um Stone, why the hell would I murder the Alpha, that's just stupid." I say in a duh tone.

"Okay, well my Dad told the Alpha of Redrock that you're that strong because you do tons of martial arts training plus you train with us, the big boys, a lot. And you smell like us because you're dating Jesse." He says so fast that I almost miss it.

Almost.

"I'm dating WHO?" I spring up from the chair, my anger flaring up again.

"Hey, you said you promised not to kill my dad, and I told him it was a bad idea. But it was either Parker or me, and that would have been weird." Zane says.

"I can't believe I have to act human, but all lovey dovey with the guy I hate? Never mind the guy I live with? Wolfs have mates, why would he be dating a human?" I ask my face red with anger.

"You know, I'm surprised you haven't changed yet. And my dad said so Parker looked human, or something. I don't know, but the Alpha bought it for now, but they'll probably realize sooner or later that it was a lie. But please Red, just play along." Zane pleads.

"Fine, on one condition." I say my body shaking.

"What?" Zane says in a suspicious tone.

"As soon as Parker walks through that door, I can jump him and kick his ass for being born.