Nah, I just like having you near me

Chapter 23

“Here is your f-ing cake.” I say while violently slamming the chocolate cake on Jesse’s bed.

It’s been a week since Matt has been banished, and between school, making out with Jesse and being his slave, life is pretty good.

Sometimes though, Jesse takes this whole ‘slave’ fiasco seriously, and I mean pass-me-the-remote-and-put-it-in-my-hand-when-it’s-already-on-my-lap. It gets annoying at times, but Jesse wouldn’t be Jesse if he was Prince Charming who opened doors for their Princesses, and I don’t want Jesse to change just because we’re mates, even though he could have bitten me at a better time.

Like really, who marks you at the dinner table, when Zane’s family is over and my dad’s in the middle of asking me some very awkward questions and Jesse just leans over and bites me and I moaned.

Yes, I fucking moaned in front of my family...

Most embarrassing moment of my life and both Jesse and Zane couldn’t stop laughing. And you know what the cherry on top was? After he was done laughing, he told me, didn’t ask, but pretty much demanded that I go and get him some juice.

Jeez, love you too Parker...

My dad totally flipped shit of Jesse and I because now that I was marked I’d be more “sexually attracted” to him. News flash dad, I already am, just not one hundred present...just fantasising. Jesse’s dad on the other hand thought it was hilarious. I really don’t get men...

Anyway, back to the present...

“This one seems kinda lopsided.” Jesse says while observing his latest chocolate cake. “You should try and find a better one.”

“WHAT!”I yell in annoyance. “That one is too small.” I say while pointing to a chocolate cake, the same size as the one of the bed, lying forgotten on the floor. “That one has too many flowers. That one doesn’t have enough icing. This one here tastes like vanilla, what chocolate cake taste like vanilla? And I’m pretty sure they don’t have any more chocolate cakes for sale because I’ve gone on a wild goose hunt trying to find your ‘perfect cake’!” I exclaim angrily.

Jesse looks at me with an amused expression, his arms casually behind his head and a sports magazine on his stomach. “No, but seriously, this one looks like it’s tipsy.” Jesse says with a serious voice.

“You know what? You can kiss the darkest part of my—” My words are lost as Jesse’s lips press onto mine.

My anger quickly vanishes (yes, just like that) and I kiss him back hungrily.

The sparks course through my body and makes me feel like I’m on fire. Jesse nibbles on my bottom lip and I give him entrance easily.

“Whoa, hello!” Jesse and I jump apart as I turn to see Zane standing in the doorway. My face instantly becomes heated and I probably look like a tomato on steroids right now. “Am I interrupting something?”

“Actually yeah, you are.” Jesse comments before I could open my mouth. I hit him upside the head and he pouts at me.

“What do you want Stone?” I ask him, tilting my head to the side.

Zane completely ignores my question and seems to be thinking to himself out loud. “It’s a good thing I didn’t come later or who knows what I would have seen.”

“Dude!” I exclaim, red rising to my cheeks again. I know exactly what he’s talking about. “I am so not having this conversation with you.”

“And plus, if we were getting it on, you probably would have heard her before coming in anyway.” Jesse says with a smirk while pointing in my direction.