This army, bitch

Chapter 26

I sit at the large table with Jesse beside me, holding my hand. Almost all the older, originally Bluemoon pack male wolves, except me, are here awaiting Alpha Arthur’s news.

He clears his throat and everything falls silent. Jesse tightens his hold on me and I smile slightly at him. I’m not going to lie, I am slightly scared for the news Alpha Arthur’s news.

“Well, as you know Colton Moriarty and his small team have found rogue wolves. You might not think this is a big deal, but these rogues are lead by Matt Colmillo, the werewolf I banished from Arizona only a few weeks ago. He has again threatened Tyra Red and Jesse Parker in the letter he wrote.” Everyone’s eyes turn to look at us and I shrink back slightly.

“Great, way to make them think we’re the bad guys.” I whisper under my breath. Jesse chuckles and pulls me closer with an amused grin on his face.

I seriously don’t get this guy.

“Anyway, now that you know, they’ve also said they are to attack our pack. The date was never told, but Matt is wanting to scare us, and that’s why we’ve been patrolling. Tonight I want Tyra, Jesse and William. Zane you will stay here in wolf form to warn us if they find anything, got it?” All four of us nod in understanding and people start to get up and leave.

“Oh, and Tyra?” I turn to look at Alpha Arthur with a quizzical look.

“Yes?”

“I’ll be sending two new members, two guys from the Redrock pack if that’s okay.”

I smile slightly and nod. “Yeah sure, it’ll give them a taste of what they’ve been missing.” I tell him.

Alpha Arthur chuckles and shakes his head. “Don’t do anything cruel Tyra, I want to make them comfortable.” He gives me a pointed look and I smile innocently before leaving the room and joining Jesse and Zane at the front.

“What’d he want?” Jesse asks me when I approach, casually placing his arm around my shoulders.

“Just pre warned me we’re gonna have some newbs on our team.” I tell him with shrug.

“You mean like ex Redrock members?”

“Bingo.” Jesse groans and I laugh at him. Jesse doesn’t like the fact two packs have merged and he’s still sceptical about the whole idea.

“So what’d I miss between you two? And where’s Santiago, isn't he suppose to come with us?” I look around for any signs of William, but nothing catches my eye.

“Well, I don’t know where the dude is, and we were talking about times to start the patrolling.” Zane tells me.

“Oh, aren’t we supposed to start now?” I ask him.

“Well maybe, it’s only like mid day.” Zane points out.

“Yeah, but your dad did say twenty four seven.” Jesse shoots back and I grin.

“Fine, fine I’ll tell dad you wanna start now, I’d go find Santiago if I were you guys. The pups will meet you at the entrance ‘kay?” Zane starts to back up in his house and I nod again.

“Cool.” I grab Jesse’s hand and drag him towards the woods.

“Aren’t we going to find Santiago?” Jesse asks me.

“He’s already there, I can smell him.” I wink at him while he grumbles some insults towards my amazing nose.

“Told you.” I wave at William and he nods at me.