The Breach: No Rest For The Soldiers

After a few minutes, I arrive back at to the Scouts getting Annie prepared for transport. I find myself still seething in my rage against Annie. I can't bring myself to look at the crystal without getting angry, but my fate will have me do otherwise. Sighing, I walk towards my favorite section commander and her subordinate. Hange happens to turn around and see me, waving me over. Calming myself as the Scouts place a cover around the wrapped crystal, I approach Hange. "Is there anything I can do, SC?"

"If you've got time to spare, then help-" A loud rumble emits near us, the culprit a piece of rock. No, not rock, but stone, the same material the Wall is made of. It came from the part of the Wall that suffered from Annie's fingers. Normally, we wouldn't pay much attention to it, but some of the other Scouts seem to have a surprised look about them as they look at the Wall. Wondering what the clamor is all about, I take a few steps towards it before looking up.

If I could manage words, it is too late since all air possible to do such a thing has left my body. In the Wall… Is that… A Titan?

"Your orders, Section Commander?"

"Huh? What? Hold on!" I turn to Hange, watching her trying to process the current situation as we are. Soon as we solve one mystery, another one pops up. "Is… Is this the only Titan like this? Or are there Titans...inside all of the Walls?" Before anyone else could speak, a hand clasps Hange's left soldier. We turn to its owner, a middle-aged man dressed in a black robe trying his best to catch his breath. I recognize him as one of those worshippers of the Walls, but his name is lost on me. Hange knows him. "Pastor Nick?"

"Whatever you do...you must keep that Titan out of the sunlight!"

"Huh?"

xxxxxxxxx

As instructed, we covered the Wall Titan with a sheet until repairs can be made. The Scouts formed two parties, one to take Annie to her underground holding, the other sticking with the Section Commander on top of Sina that took care of the Wall Titan. However, our business is incomplete. Thanks to Annie's escape attempt, we got more questions than we had earlier today, but we also got someone who can answer them.

Hence Hange begins her interrogation of Pastor Nick. "Now then… It's time for you to talk. What is this Titan? What is it doing inside the Wall? And… Why did you keep it this a secret all this time?"

Pastor Nick, who is kneeling down to see the work done with the sheet, stands up and dusts his robe. "I have work to do! My church and followers have been devastated. This is your fault! I will demand restitution! Now let me back down!"

Hange nods. "Certainly. Joshua."

"Yes, ma'am." I walk over to Pastor Nick, grabbing him by the robe and hold him barely on the edge. Nick begins to panic to my enjoyment. "Will straight down do? Do you think you're having a hard day? Let me tell you about my day! No, let's go with the last month! Trost, I lose two of my friends and a girl very special to me. The last few days, including today, I come to the knowledge that someone who I known for years just so happened to be our enemy! Then, as soon as I think we're done with the excitement, there's your Wall buddy. I believe, Pastor, that I've had a very shitty day. So unless you want to join your followers, I suggest you talk."

The other Scouts, save for Hange, become alarmed by my actions, especially Moblit. "Joshua, what are you doing? Section Commander?"

"Stay back." Hange steps forward beside me, looking at Nick scornfully. "Do you people know why we Scouts have shed so much blood? To take back our freedom from the Titans! I was willing to sacrifice my own life for the cause. I'm not asking you to talk, I'm ordering you. Is that clear? And if you won't talk, I'll try the next person. Your measly life wouldn't make up for much, anyway!"