War for Paradis: If The World Is Wrong

Levi

"Farewell, Lieutenant. You're so considerate of your subordinates. Those subordinates haven't done anything wrong by becoming somewhat bigger. You don't want to slay them, right?"

Levi is propelled up the treeline just as one of the newly spawned Titans tries to consume him. Still in shock, humanity's strongest soldier stares down his former comrades, now his monstrous enemies. "Was it the wine?" Levi didn't consume any, but the wine that the Scout recruits got are usually reserved for the Military Police, and the wine is of Marleyan origin. The soldiers begged for permission to drink it, and Levi relented. How did he not see this coming?

"His spinal fluid was in the wine? He said that their bodies would become rigid. There weren't any signs of that… is that because it was a lie?" Levi suddenly gasps as the Titans climb up the trees, but with greater speed and skill than a normal Titan could. He leaps off, narrowly dodging another leaper. He draws his blades, cutting the hand of another Titan. As he heads for its nape, he recognizes the face of the Titan as a man named Barris. Painfully, he dodges out the way of the Titan's mouth, allowing it to hit a tree trunk. As he descends, he gazes around at the multitude of Titans. "Are you...still...in there...you guys?"

No answer comes from the gathering of Titans, and sadly, Levi must do what he must to survive...

x

xxxxxxx

Zeke

"Didn't I say that I didn't want to do something like this? I'm sad, though. This is neither a conflict nor battle. This is farewell. We couldn't trust one another. But even that was understandable. You've seen so little of the world, and it's far too different from what you think it is. But it seems you've misunderstood the success of the surprise attack on Liberio. The war potential of the entire world will soon gather upon this island. Thinking to yourselves that you have power, that you have time, that you have options. That's what you've really misunderstood, Levi. Those are your mistakes."

Zeke turns away from the direction where Levi is fighting as he is escorted out of the forest by a trio of Titans. "Well, even if I had said my true intentions… You guys probably wouldn't understand."

"Hey, Eren, we're the only ones who understand, right?" Zeke looks forward to where he hopes the exit to this forest is also in the right direction. "If I can escape this forest, soon, I'll be where you are. But you do remember the exact time and place… Right, Eren?.. Hmm?" A black line suddenly enters Zeke's right peripheral view. Turning to it, he sees it is an ODM line, and behind it is the lieutenant slashing the nape of one of the escorts. The bloody devil himself. "GO!"

Levi flies forward, taking out the arm and nape of the lead Titan and flies around to the Titan carrying Zeke. With no other option, Zeke leaps off and bits his hand. "Why are you still alive!"

After his transformation, Zeke protects his nape with a crystal covering while scanning the area. "Where did you go? Levi! Ah, over there, eh!" Grabbing and crushing a Titan's face, Zeke flings the flesh at Levi, who dodges and disappears again. That incites the Beast's anger, but furthermore, does that mean Levi took care of his subordinates? "What happened to your cute subordinates? Don't tell me you killed them? How pitiful!" Zeke senses movement behind him and throws more flesh, only to see that he noticed falling branches...from above.

"Checkmate, you bearded-face bastard. You weren't reading obediently, but aside from that… How could I misunderstood anything? To think you could escape me because you turned my subordinates into Titans… You thought that I couldn't kill my comrades? Do you know just how many comrades that we've killed? You probably wouldn't even know." Zeke throws up more flesh bits in a bid to protect himself, but some branches do get past and strike at the hardened nape. No, those aren't branches. It's those damned explosive spears!