Warriors: A Letter To My Family

"His sleeping posture is incredible, as per usual. If he has his legs up like that, that means it'll snow today, right?"

Marco shakes his head at Conny's prediction. "Nah, this 'half body's posture means it will be nice weather."

"I'll go with hail." Reiner approaches the pair to wake Bertholdt, his lower half of the body up against the wall. "You guys are going to be late to the morning roll-call." As the other boys move, Reiner shakes the sleeping giant. "Wake up, Bertholdt."

"Umm…"

xxxxxxxxxxx

"You're acting more menacing today than usual, Eren." Jean says from across the mess hall. "The training really dragged out yesterday because of you. It was pathetic how you kept getting tangled up in your wire and almost getting yourself killed."

"You're the pathetic one, practicing on how to turn tail and run away if a Titan shows up, you horse faced coward."

"Come on, first time you'll even try to oh so bravely attack a Titan you'll just get tangled to death in your wire. The Titans will get a good laugh out if that. That's how you'll sir, Eren."

Before the two can trade fists in place of words, Reiner steps between them. "Stop it you two! Do I have to tell you every time? You two have been going at it since morning!" As Reiner tries to hold them back, he catches sight of Annie. She looks deathly tired.

xxxxxxxxx

"While you two were playing around with your friends and sleeping you time away, I was crawling around the capital's sewers. That guy in the black coat is different from the others. He's some big shot for sure. He almost caught me. He might've seen my face. Even if I do manage to get into the Military Police he might be there. I can't risk it anymore."

"So that's it," Reiner says.

"Let's take the information we've gathered about this place so far and get back to Marley. Its been almost five years since we've come here. I'm sure they'll be satisfied with what we already have."

"Do you truly believe that? If we come back with so little after five whole years… Marley will surely be very disappointed."

"Then what? What else can we do?"

"Let's destroy Wall Rose," Reiner states as he stands up. " whether the King of the Walls swore to renounce war or not, there's probably no other way to smoke out the Founding Titan. While we're in the training corps in the Trost District, the Scouting Corps will be going in an expedition outside the walls. If we stir up some mayhem inside the walls, the training corps, us included of course, will be deployed to help out in the situation mid, during that time, we get away somehow, nobody would think we're still alive even if they don't find our bodies. After that, we will just mix in with the great number of refugees that will crowd into the capital. We could stay as soldiers if the situation allows it if we see that we might make it to the top ten of the class, we could wait until we complete our training and join the Military Police. The point is to assume a position where we can easily make a move to counter the King of the Walls."

"Many of your friends will die, you know," Annie says, "if not all of them."

Reiner sits down, leaning his face close to Annie's. "I told you a million times, that bunch I'd not my friends. They're Eldian devils, not like us. But there's no harm in gaining their trust. Maybe this whole 'leave me alone' attitude is more candid, but…"

Annie scoffs. "Don't make me puke. Besides...could you...not put your face so close to mine please?"

Reiner sighs and moves back. "You must be tired. I'm sorry that we always burden you with all this responsibility. We should wrap this up for today."