Warriors: Coming Home Just To Go Back

Falco

Coming home to Liberio was a mostly calm procession, for most of the tired Eldians. For Gabi, who can't help but yell, it is a boastful demonstration of her strength. For Falco, it means that they won the war and live to fight another.

Speaking of wars, Falco cannot help but think about the words Reiner said to him the previous night. He takes a glance back, seeing the officer attempt to silence his cousin. "Officer Braun. Four years ago… He took on full responsibility for the failure on Paradis Island and was stuck in a precarious position, about to have his armor Titan power revoked. However, because of the countless military gains achieved thanks to his bravery in risking his life, his loyalty to Markey went undoubted and there were no more calls to revoke his possession of the power. That's right… This man has demonstrated more loyalty to Marley than any other soldier in the army, both in the past and present. That's who Officer Reiner is." Colt suddenly catches Reiner's eye and turns around. "But then...what was up with him last night? He wants me to save Gabi? If anyone else overheard that, he'd be in deep water, but he still brought it up with me… If… If Mr. Braun is thinking what I'm thinking… If he also wants to free the Eldians from the war, then…

"What are you scheming?" Gabi suddenly appears in Falco's face, scaring his soul. "You keep stealing glances back over here. It's annoying. What do you want? I'm gonna report this to the squad as suspicious rebellious behavior.

"What? Do you… Whose fault is it that...Urgh!"

"Huh? Whose fault is it?"

"Gabi, it's your fault." Reiner's comment alleviates the focus on Falco, in which other Eldians join in and call Gabi a "sinful woman". His frustration subsiding, Colt once again looks up to Reiner, the man doing the same.

"Is it really alright...to believe him?"

xxxxxxxxxx

Reiner

The families of the Eldian soldiers waited just within the gate to the ghetto. Reunited, the place was filled with happiness, but even as he and Gabi searched for their own family, Reiner couldn't bring himself to share in the atmosphere.

"There they are! Mom! Dad!" Reiner watches as Gabi rushes to her parents, hugging the both of them.

"Gabi…"

"Did you hear?"

"Yes, we did! You fought bravely for the sake of Eldia!"

"Yeah… But it was a little dangerous."

"But thanks to your courageous feats, many of your fellow troops' lives were saved."

"We're proud to have you as our daughter. We're sure that you'll become the best soldier in the entire army."

"Soldier…"

"Yeah… I'll do my best."

"Reiner."

Hearing her familiar voice, Reiner turns around, seeing a woman followed by three other people. He solely focuses on that one person. "Mother."

"I bet you're exhausted. Come home and take a rest."

He nods. "Thanks, I'd like that."

"Auntie Karina!" Reiner's mother turns to her niece, smiling sweetly.

"Gabi, we'll be having a celebration party at our house today!"

"Yay! Awesome!"

xxxxxxxxxx

Falco