Invasion: Assassin's Bullet

Joshua

I get up on the zeppelin first, helped aboard by Armin. Sighing, I turn to him as he reaches for Eren. "Good work, buddy." He nods as he helps Eren up, but no words are traded between the childhood friends. I sigh as I step aside, during which the Lieutenant comes over with two other soldiers beside him.

"You're filthy. You look like you just crawled out of a shithole, Eren."

"Lieutenant." The dry tone must've pissed Levi off as he suddenly kicks Eren in the face, like he did back in the courtroom after the Battle of Trost. Mikasa almost throws herself at Levi, yet Armin holds her and gives her a look that stops her.

"This brings back some memories, Eren. Still easy to kick around, I see. First, we're going to arrest you. We'll save the talking for later, if that's fine with you, Executive Assistant."

Crossing my arms, I nod, for once not taking glee in my official title. "He's all yours, Lieutenant."

"That's fine," Eren says as he stares expressionlessly at Levi, as if nothing bothers him. "I already wrote down everything I had to say in that letter I wrote to you. Will that be all, sir?"

"That face… I've seen that same expression on people in the underground city...so many of them it could rot my eyes out… Don't tell me that...you...you can gloat now. Seems as if everything is as you expected."

I glance in the same direction Levi does then turn away, facing the ongoing fight outside. I see Jean head on up, so I guess he, Conny, and Sasha are meeting in one of the other compartments. I walk on over, immediately blasted by the noise of celebration from that dumbass Floch and the rest of the group. They continue as I walk through, meeting up with my friends at the open door. "Glad to see you three are good."

Jean nods and looks at the soldiers cheering for the first victory of the "revived Eldian Empire". "First battle, huh. I wonder how ma u will come until this is all over with… How many more...will have to die."

"But for now," Conny exclaims as he wrap his arm around Sasha's neck and rubs Jean's head, "at least us there are still alive. I care about all of our comrades, but you guys are special to me, you know. Ah, and you too, Joshua!"

I chuckle as I sit on the other side of the open door. "I was feeling unloved for a moment."

Jean pushes Conny's hand off his head. "That hurts, you idiot. Don't hug people while you're wearing all that metal."

"What's that, Jean? An idiot is the kind of person that will style his stubble of a beard, you know, like you do, idiot."

"What did you say?"

I nod in agreement. "Conny got your there. I got an actual beard, but looks like you rubbed your face in a Titan's hairy ass. You find another weak spot there?"

Sasha shrugs. "What's the point of growing a beard if you can't eat it?" Jean and I look at Sasha, then the other boys look at me as I rub my beard. She's joking, right… "At any rate, is dinner ready yet?"

"Hold it until we get back to the island, Sasha."

"What a useless officer you are, Jean."

"Well, eat Joshua's beard then."

Sasha sighs as she looks away from Jean to me. Knowing my girlfriend well, I hand her a ration bar, which she takes almost happily. I kiss her as I rise up to head to the main compartment. "Love you."