Warriors: The Ghost of Reiner's Past

"Reiner! Are we doing it?! Now?! Right here?!"

"Yeah. We settle this...right here, right now!" I step forward to a puzzled Eren, but I never make it.

"You son of a bitch!" Blades out, I watch as Joshua leap out from behind Eren, severing my newly healed right arm while Mikasa dashes after hoes and cuts Bertholdt's throat. His blade stuck in his left arm, Joshua and I share a glance, me knowing why he came for me specifically before I throw him aside and shoves Mikasa off Bertholdt.

An acoustic shell fires from outside my hiding spot, above the inner gate. "Here! There's a cavity here-Huh?" Moving quickly, I move the covering of my hiding spot and stab the Scout straight through his chest. Watching his surprised, dying face I disengage the blade from my ODM and watch him drop to the street below. I climb out the hole and look to my left, seeing a familiar blond-hair boy of my age, his face reeked with fear as he calls my name.

"Reiner!"

"Reiner!" Hearing a much angrier call, I look up to a fast diving Joshua. Too late to react physically, I make a desperate internal action before one of his blades goes through my neck. He runs me down the wall and with an angry roar impales me in the heart with his other blade. "I told you I've come for you." Regaining my consciousness, I take a gasp of air, surprising him enough for him to release his blades and let me drop to the ground below.

"Now's your chance, Joshua!" With my jaw fully expose, Joshua finally heads for me. I reach out for him but he dodges and uses my arm as a platform to jump off as he heads for my mouth. Landing on my tongue, I am helpless as he attacks.

"Reiner! You're mine!" He shoots the mysterious projectile down my throat and pulls back. In a big flash of light and force, I am expelled from the Titan and caught by my foe "Gotcha!"

"I let you live. You once said you didn't have much of a choice back then when you and Bertholdt sacked this town, but I choose to spare you for now. But you...you have already taken my parents from me, and you almost took away my girlfriend. So you should be thanking me, for it'll be hell to pay the day I let a Braus take away someone I love ever again! When that day comes, I won't just kill you. No, I'll hunt down everyone you care about. Your mother, your father, your sisters and brothers, your uncles and aunties, your cousins, your friends back in your 'hometown,' I will fucking kill them all! Everything you have taken from me, I will take from you tenfold!"

"Wait!" Reiner suddenly wakes up, feeling his arms, neck, and chest bursting in pain Dropping his arm, Reiner raises up and places a hand on his head. He hasn't dreamed about Joshua in a long time. That boy…he swore vengeance on the Armored Titan for killing his parents. Every now and then, Reiner is reminded of that pledge. Just another result of being on that cursed island.

"It sounded like you were having a nice dream. So I decided not to wake you up."

Reiner cuts his eye to the young adult sitting at the nearby desk. "I still haven't given you my thanks for earlier...Galliard. I owe you one."

The possessor of the Jaw Titan scoffs as he looks back to Reiner. "No, you don't. It wasn't you who I saved. I just saved my motherland of Marley from losing the Armor as a result of you screwing up. And anyway, none of this ever would have happened if they chose me for the Paradis operation nine years ago and let me inherit the Armor. My brother never would have protected you before getting himself eaten by a random Titan."