15. Penance.

''Excuse me.'' Jack said and stood up.

''Is everything alright?'' Alice asked with worry.

Jack smiled and nodded, ''I might have forgotten my wallet in the clothing store— I will be back soon.''

He turned around and left the restaurant.

Alice's gaze lingered in his direction long time.

Jessica sighed and decided to give advice, ''Alice... Small advice... It is not good to be clingy— otherwise, he might lose his interest in you.''

''R-Really?'' Alice gasped.

Jessica nodded, ''Even though I like him... It is painfully obvious... But he likes you, so I decided to give up.''

Alice nodded and then thought about her advice.

'Am I too clingy...?'

Jasper was about to open his mouth, but then Edythe shook her head.

''Let her figure it out by herself.''

Jasper somehow heard her voice, even though Edythe didn't even open her mouth.

This is her unique ability.

Alice has her visions.

Jasper can control emotions.

And Edward has his mind-reading powers.

Edythe has Telepathy, which lets her talk with everyone through her mind.

Jasper nodded.

It was Alice's first love, and she must learn by herself that she doesn't need to change.

She is already perfect the way she is.

They couldn't fix her low self-esteem, but with the help of Jack, she will get over it.

But it needs time, and this is a good chance for Alice to find out that Jack doesn't want her to change.

...

Jack walked in the streets in a specific direction.

His instincts tell him to go that way.

''Raaahh!'' He cried out in pain— his flesh was already melting away.

''Control... Control...'' Jack kept muttering, and he tried to keep his rationality.

Closer he was getting to the full transformation.

More his control was slipping away.

He doesn't want Ghost Rider to take complete control— otherwise, it can end badly.

He entered a dark alleyway and leaned on the wall.

Half of his flesh has melted away.

His other side of the face was the skeleton, which was on fire!

And another side was still his human self.

But soon, the rest of the flesh disappeared, and only the flaming skull was left.

*BOOM*

He slightly tapped at the wall behind him, but that alone made the wall crack.

Soon rest of his body became a skeleton.

Ghost Rider stood straight, and he smelled sinners nearby.

He started walking towards the smell— his every step melted the asphalt road underneath him.

...

Edward glared at the group of drunken men, which caused them to retreat a few steps.

''Grr...'' Edward growled like a wild animal, which made the drunken men even more fearful of this individual.